All-in Insurance? Is it -EV?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'm not able to look at the link because my computer has blocked access to wherever this link would take me, but I guess it would depend on what price you got. As long as you lay a price down that is more in your favor and can get someone to agree then it will be +EV.. It's all about decreasing variance anyways, close to the same as when people run the board or turn and river multiple times. We play the game to make the right choices long term and these tools help us keep the numbers in our favor.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not able to look at the link because my computer has blocked access to wherever this link would take me.

bZO6xK
bZO6xK

https://ibb.co/bZO6xK

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, i think this hand very EV.
For me, nice play

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
this thread is hilarious

agreed because nothing remotely resembles the initial question being asked by OP.. which in this case is the 'all-in' insurance feature available on GGPoker.

I just started playing a bit on GGPoker and I'm wanting to eliminate this feature. I don't want to use it and because it causes the hand to pause for what seems to be a longgg period of time and I don't see a button to click on to say that I do NOT want to take the insurance.
Tonight just for the hell of it I decided to take it (twice) mostly because I didn't want that one table to pause while I was banging out A LOT of tables (8) in Z00M (4 on GG in rush & cash mode, 2 on 888 & 2 on Stars).
It seemed like a HUGE ripoff. I didn't get to do the math afterwards because I also can't seem to figure out the HandHistory Replayer on GG (seems pretty archaic) you can't even see the original starting stacks (& in both of my examples we were both much deeper than 100bb's... this part I know for certain).

On one hand I had flopped T & B pr w 97s on a 987 flop & managed to get it ai on flop vKK. Instead of leaving with ~250+bb's deep after rake I ended up with ~140bb.

And the other hand the HH feature disappeared on me once that table was closed.

I'm liking GGPoker for the most part. Just need to get more familiar with the software features.