All In or Fold (Profitable)?

Sweeterman

Sweeterman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just randomly started playing All In or Fold on GGPoker. Trying to see other game modes for Hold Em.

After playing a few hands at the $2 buy-ins, I was wondering if there was a potential for this game mode to be profitable. Tables seem to be soft, and anyone with a face card seems to love pushing that All-In button.

Just my luck, I was dealt KQs and made a Royal Flush. Won an entire jackpot!

Now, I'm wondering if anyone has expierence with this game mode. Has anyone had success playing this mode? Or was this just blind luck? because I feel like this game mode is an easy way to lose or gain money fast.

Thanks!

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have some experiance from PP freerolls in same mode... OMG how many times i had bad beats...

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since all-in exposure most of the time is a coinflip, you will need a very long distance to understand whether you are playing profitably or not.

The positive side of this game is that you initially know the approximate equity of your hand and depending on the blinds, you can calculate the starting hands that you will play.:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, rake is typically going to be an issue in these games. Preflop equities tend to run somewhat close, and its difficult for others players to get it THAT wrong, when they only have to make one simple decision per hand. Even if someone play to many hands, their lower equity will partly be compensated by the fact, that they win the blinds and antes more often.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just randomly started playing All In or Fold on GGPoker. Trying to see other game modes for Hold Em.

After playing a few hands at the $2 buy-ins, I was wondering if there was a potential for this game mode to be profitable. Tables seem to be soft, and anyone with a face card seems to love pushing that All-In button.

Now, I'm wondering if anyone has expierence with this game mode. Has anyone had success playing this mode? Or was this just blind luck? because I feel like this game mode is an easy way to lose or gain money fast.

Thanks!

Nice, but how much was the jackpot?

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly as you say, it depends a lot on luck to get good cards because practically every hand is all in.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that all the game type has one way to be profitable, sometimes you will count more with luck, but with a good strategy you can win more times.

Try to see others players and what hand range they are playing of the positions on the table, after this you need to create a range for you that are more strong.

I have an account into GGpoker, but I still not made a deposit, I'm waiting to make one later, and I will play this modality to see if I can be profitable.

Sweeterman

Sweeterman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You won jackpot? How much?

Nice, but how much was the jackpot?

The jackpot was $209. I spent about $4 (2 buy-ins) before hitting it.

fundiver199 said:
I think, rake is typically going to be an issue in these games. Preflop equities tend to run somewhat close, and its difficult for others players to get it THAT wrong, when they only have to make one simple decision per hand. Even if someone play to many hands, their lower equity will partly be compensated by the fact, that they win the blinds and antes more often.

This is the answer I was trying to figure out. I almost forgot the blinds for the $2 AoF are 0.10/0.25. Which at times makes it feel like you're bleeding chips and at the mercy of the deck.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this type of games is not profitable

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I come back here to talk a little about what I had understood playing these game, the variance are so high, to protect your self you need to had at last 200 buyins, you need to take care with the auto reload, because if you fold so many times you will lose a lot, in the App version sometimes our money balance delay to reload, to avoid mistakes you need to estipule an stoploos, like stop play after lose 4 times in a row, maybe a little more times, it's need to be in accord to your bankroll and ability.

Careful with the side game, some players trying to make the complete the task to make a line and end up losing more than win.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is only a play you should do with a short stack. You need to consider how much you risk losing to only win 1.5BB per shove. And then consider how many times you need to win that 1.5 BB to make up for the stack you lose when one of the 6-9 players at the table calls you with strong pairs (or gets lucky with other hands). So no, I'd say it's not profitable. I played against a player who did this recently and repeatedly stacked him by just calling with a tighter range.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in = Profit
Everyone must play this skillfull game! Easy money.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a few times this game on GGpoker because they were giving tournament ticket if you played 100 hands in these games, but I really didn’t like. For me it is just pure luck, also a fast way to lose your money :(

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The rake is the problem. If you play tight, you will have loss from the blinds. If you play loose, then you can't beat the rake. If you have bigger stack, then your have edge at any street. Or preflop, 2bet, 3bet, 4bet, 5bet. You have edge everywhere, if you are good. And you can beat the rake...

A

atomivoi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I tried aof first time today, won few bucks and liked it. Later played some more was on big blind, got royal flush in flop and i am ever so thankful for loose player who chose to see the flop from sb(or rather tried to make me fold, maybe.) and thus let me win $500+ jackpot. Plo 0.5/1. Also got 2 bingos today, second was $40. So it has been profitable to me, so far.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still miss the AIOF mtts on merge, they were basically just a ICM quiz, and they were super easy to multi table.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never tried this format, so I probably have no right to comment on it, but I just can't help it.

A few things come immediately to mind.
  • All-in is a powerful poker move, but only in the context of all of our other choices. With no other choices, we are just playing bingo.
  • Pre-flop equities do run closer together, and there are very few hands that will actually have >50% equity pre-flop against a range. This seems like it is generally a coin-flip game, which removes any skill advantage of a good poker player.
  • If many pots are multi-way, then of course our equity NEVER exceeds 50%. We can convince ourselves that the pot odds counteract this issue, but this isn't about breaking even, this is about being eliminated.
Good luck to you all and God bless.

windstaressf

windstaressf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ALL IN

All in pré-flop is bad.

B

Bmilla135

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in doesn't let them improve their hand.haha

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played exact all in or fold on GGpoker but I played "Tempest holdem" or whatever its called on stars and I didn't like it, if you can make profit then edge is really small and variance is pretty huge also. Not recommending this type of game.

I

iamKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks!

This is just blind luck and I really recommend you to not play this game as it involves little skills and more luck. If you are there for fun then go ahead and keep playing but if you are there to make money then I would high suggest you to stop playing with the jackpot prize you made.

I have played AoF myself for 5k hands and didn’t win a single jackpot and I am up $60, however, more than 50% if not more has went to rake. I was just like you, when I started to play AoF I felt like I could beat this game and came up with strategies. It worked but the variance is so high and the way this game is setup is meant for all players to be breaking even in long term while GGPoker Platform makes all the money.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks!

Good day!
It seems to me that this mode is a complete gambling addiction
Perhaps, out of nothing to do, you can go in and play in the hope of hitting the jackpot, but at a distance, I think you will be in the red. :mad:

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks!

Good day!
It seems to me that this mode is a complete gambling addiction
Perhaps, out of nothing to do, you can go in and play in the hope of hitting the jackpot, but at a distance, I think you will be in the red.

D

dougiefresh1969

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont believe I would like playing

Folding in Poker