AK facing a 3bet OTF

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LAG villain stats : VPiP/PR/3B/AF : 74/26/10/6
Would you 4bet allin OTF or just call here? Also, would you call the turn?

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.49 (75 bb)
CO: $1.12 (56 bb)
BU: $2.74 (137 bb)
SB (Hero): $3.18 (159 bb)
BB: $2.01 (101 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A K
UTG calls $0.02, 2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.22) 8 T 6 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.11, UTG raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.44

Turn: ($1.32) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.84 (all-in), SB (Hero) folds

Total pot: $1.32 (Rake: $0.06)
UTG wins $1.26

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop ez jam, dont make your life harder than it has to be. If he has it there so be it, but ure range is miles ahead.

Also considering that he ist not 100bb deep, think ahead, how will the spr be on the turn if villain calls or if you call? So either rr flop and thus jam or donkjam turn, alltough after calling on the flop, that looks kind of fishy.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough one, you're probably no worse than 50-50 on the flop with 15 outs, so I would either go over top or fold. Don't want to fold on the turn, or call a large bet, for that matter.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough one, you're probably no worse than 50-50 on the flop with 15 outs, so I would either go over top or fold. Don't want to fold on the turn, or call a large bet, for that matter.

even if worst case, villain floped a flush (0,84%) hero still has 28% equity.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
call this 0.55 bet and fold after don't make sense for me. the % of villain floped a flush is (0,84%) the best option is go all-in after this flop raise, even if you lost you would still with $1.69, gl

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Or you can just check the flop. And call a smaller bet.

Once you start putting in a lot of your stack you almost have to go for it since you have such good equity even if they often have a flush (or a set or a straight).

At this stakes I think you are often beat so I can even see a fold when he raises you. (Even the straight flush is out).

But I would check this flop you have just A high but a good drawing hand.

I thing people in general C-bet to much with a missed AK.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your terminology is a bit off. You are not facing a 3 bet. LAG villain just raised your flop bet. You can 3 bet jam over top or flat if you think V has a fold button. You may be confused due to pre flop being a bit different since the blinds are the first bet and action is often continued by a raise (2 bet) where a second raise would be a 3 bet. But post flop there are no blinds so the first action is a bet and the second action is a raise. At any rate against a guy who VPIP 70+ his limp / call range is crazy wide. I don't play online enough to comment on the aggression factor but with those stats V has a lot of pair plus draw hands in his range (and some spaz like the naked K of diamond) where we can profitably 3 bet jam flop. The turn pairing the board isn't great but this aggressive guy limped pre. With 26 PFR we should expect raises from TT and 88. So unless he has 8x we are probably not that far behind when we are behind. The turn fold isn't terrible in my opinion AP but I would have 3 bet flop and I'm still calling turn at some frequency against a guy this loose and aggressive on a shorter stack. Also consider V would want calls if he had a boat and may size down turn to try and let you improve and increase the chances of you calling.

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play since 14 years but I had never studied. Now that I started to read hands analysis I realize that there's no right or wrong answers. What @pentazepam says seems very logical to me but also @c0rnBr34d (I don't know what is better in this case) I got a lot to learn (english as well)

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would check-raise on the flop and fold if the villain re-raises. The behavior of the villain probably indicates a stronger hand.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given how wide ranges are in microstakes, I'm fine with getting it in OTF here

that being said on middling boards like this I also don't mind a delayed c-bet with intentions to call turn stabs and use the showdown value of ace high.

If he has an underpair or a pair and gutter we can also blow him easily off the hand later and we avoid playing for stacks when he has smashed this board.