AK all in preflop value ???

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hows your odds if you reraise all in preflop with AK in 6 man or 9 man cash games or call an all in preflop with AK ????

agaisnt QQ ??
JJ ??
KK ??

S

Skaplun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very well phrased question.
AK vs. QQ is 46-54
same vs JJ
vs kk 29%-30%

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the best way to play the AK preflp ?? is my other ???

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO its better to be the raiser than the caller.

AK is often a tourney players last hand.

S

Smileyphil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 6 Max cash games and think the best way to play AK preflop is to keep raising/raising/raising/all in. You will get a lot of money from the folds of the other players and if they do call you then AK has pretty good equity generally.

I'm not sure if this applies as much in 9/10 Max games and of course if you have some soulread that a certain player ONLY raises AA preflop then feel free to fold.

@The Dark Side:
I find that my last hand in a tournament is more often than not QQ+ or AK because I am nitty and wait for good hands and play them fast but even with strong hands you can lose. That's poker.

madtom1337

madtom1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I've heard 'it depends!' - lol...

Assuming 100BB stacks...

-Against very aggressive 3-bettors when you're OOP you really want to be getting as much money in as possible pre-flop, I believe...

-Against players who play predictably post-flop (e.g. high c-bet%, you just KNOW you're going to get extra cash off villain cuz he's going to c-bet whatever comes up, or they play fit or fold and they're nitty) you might want to be calling IP... More inclined to call IP when suited?

-If you're not absolutely comfortable with playing post-flop against a fairly aggressive 3-betty/4-betty type player, then get money in pre-flop.

-Only time I consider folding AK pre-flop: Hero has fairly tight image, 3-bets a nit who is in EP and gets 4-bet. Reason being, the very bottom of nitty villain's 4-bet range is going to be QQ which you're coinflipping with, the rest dominates you apart from having the same hand... Against a real tight nit who doesn't even c-bet light you might want to consider just calling a pre-flop raise as opposed to 3-betting...

Short stacks, get it all in... Deep stacks, be more inclined to see and play the flop...

Think what I said was pretty standard, think this is a pretty well covered spot already... If you read any decent book on beating 6-max it should cover this kind of spot... (Ed Miller's Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em is a real gem)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKo v a range of TT+/AQo+ is basically 50/50, while AKs v the same range is around 51.5/48.5 :)

L

lolrobertlol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AKo or AKs?
I always raise preflop about 3BB.
If some body reraise,I will call to see flop.
If I have not hit something.
I will fold to C bet.
If nobody reraise to me .
I will cbet flop.