Aggression On the Button

LastBullet

LastBullet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every tourney I have played in there has been that one player at my table that always raises on the button. Sometimes a ridiculous raise, but most of the time 5x the blinds and it might piss players off but I believe it is the best move you can make. I have a lot of respect for players who raise on the button. They have enough balls to go out there and bet an enormous amount just to take down a mini pot. And it can be tricky sometimes though, because they are on the button, the best table position, and you think that they are raising a ridiculous amount just to take the pot down right then and there and you are looking at QQ and reraise all in and you get called instantly and what looked like a buying of the blinds at first turns into domination when he turns up AA. First Hand Experience :)

C

crazypolak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah that is a good strategy cause they elimnate people who got crap and also by that people who might win by crap.

R

rdizzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its not a bad plan to raise every time on the button because your opponents wont know if ur weak or strong.

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are on the button, you should NOT call unless many players have limped in and you are getting good pot odds to call.

A

any2willdo7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I hardly tend to raise when I'm on the button, I usually just call. One of the main reasons you raise is to knock out players behind you to give you a better position on future betting rounds. The spot I raise the most in is when the the button is on my right. I usually get that person out of the pot and I'm able to bet last on all future rounds. Position is extremely important in hold'em and should always try to gain the best position.

D

dborange

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its good when the blinds are extremely high but its flat out right dumb if the blinds are low

B

Bobobn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, if the blinds are very low, you're just throwing away chips. It only really works when someone has to commit a decent portion of their stack to call.

D

Deezgnutz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep you definetly have to play your position on the table as well as the cards.