AA versuus nit

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Zoom Hand #202770199583: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2019/07/28 23:30:59 CET [2019/07/28 17:30:59 ET]
Table 'Halley' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Patrick Slow ($2.84 in chips)
Seat 2: slashjr99 ($1.90 in chips)
Seat 3: ufobj3ct ($1 in chips)
Seat 4: Ups I Do It ($1.69 in chips)
Seat 5: archibald25 ($3.38 in chips)
Seat 6: VitusVitius ($3.41 in chips)
slashjr99: posts small blind $0.01
ufobj3ct: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ups I Do It [Ah Ac]
Ups I Do It: raises $0.05 to $0.07
archibald25: calls $0.07
VitusVitius: folds
Patrick Slow: folds
slashjr99: folds
ufobj3ct: folds
*** FLOP *** [2h 5h Qc]
Ups I Do It: bets $0.14
archibald25: raises $0.22 to $0.36
Ups I Do It: raises $1.26 to $1.62 and is all-in
archibald25: calls $1.26
*** TURN *** [2h 5h Qc] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [2h 5h Qc Th] [Jc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Ups I Do It: shows [Ah Ac] (a pair of Aces)
archibald25: shows [2c 2s] (three of a kind, Deuces)
archibald25 collected $3.29 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.41 | Rake $0.12
Board [2h 5h Qc Th Jc]
Seat 1: Patrick Slow (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: slashjr99 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: ufobj3ct (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Ups I Do It showed [Ah Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 5: archibald25 showed [2c 2s] and won ($3.29) with three of a kind, Deuces
Seat 6: VitusVitius folded before Flop (didn't bet)

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure where your nit read is coming from, but if villain is a nit, probably looking at AQ, QQ, 55, 22 when flop is raised. Even nits will 3 bet KK an you block most AQ. I am just calling the flop raise here. When the heart hits the turn, you can probably get to showdown cheap, or if the nit bets you can fold your AA. Getting it in on the flop folds out the AQ's and gets called by the sets.

Also, why not start the hand topped up?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once again we are not starting with a full stack, and honestly this is still the first mistake in the hand. Sorry to keep harping on about it, but its kind of important to fix these fundamental things first, especially because its so easy. If you enable auto top-up, the software will remember it for next time, you play, so its a one-and-done solution.

Preflop 3,5X is a little bit large in todays games, but maybe your idea was, that people at 2NL still make many calling mistakes, and you wanted to get a bit of extra value. If that was the thought process, I am fine with it.

On the flop you bet nearly the size of the pot, and this is just to much against a nit. Something like half pot is much better. And when he raise you, you should look for a bucket and puke-call. When you go all in, you are folding out all his bluffs, if he even has any, and just boning yourself against his sets. And nits love to set-mine.

The difference between this hand and the AK hand is stack to pot ratio or SPR. In the AK hand it was 3 = lets rock and roll. In this hand it was 10 = only against a wild maniac, who might raise you and then call it off with top pair, and certainly never against a nit.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's vital to raise with a premium hand to a level that makes any call with a marginal hand a bad call, specifically suited connectors and even small pairs. In a 1-2 NL game, a twenty dollar raises sends this message.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always be wary of sets when people flat call your open, you need to see a 3/4 bet to narrow there range, in this situation never overplay AA.

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(in what case) Clearly there are many situations where we can fold AA, none of them preflop in a cash game. Postflop however, I can easily fold in a 3 flush board against 2 opponent facing a 3B, or just facing a big overbet in a paired board. I will never fold just against a simple raise.

(Patience) Yes my friend, Patience and Discipline are the key of this diabolic game. So you won´t get crazy.