Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone,
UTG :kh4::ah4:320BB
HeroMP1 :as4::ac4:145BB
CO :qd4::qh4:75BB

BTN :jd4::jc4:420BB

UTG opens with 3x, UTG1 calls, I 3bet to 10.5x, CO 4bets 25x. Button calls. UTG calls, UTG1 folds, I called.
Flop is Ad Jh 2c. pot 105
UTG checks, I went half pot, CO allin, Btn goes allin, UTG calls I called.
Turn Tc- River Js.
What went wrong? What was I supposed to do?

Last edited:
LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone,
UTG :kh4::ah4:320BB
HeroMP1 :as4::ac4:145BB
CO :qd4::qh4:75BB

BTN :jd4::jc4:420BB

UTG opens with 3x, UTG1 calls, I 3bet to 10.5x, CO 4bets 25x. Button calls. UTG calls, UTG1 folds, I called.
Flop is Ad Jh 2c. pot 105
UTG checks, I went half pot, CO allin, Btn goes allin, UTG calls I called.
Turn Tc- River Js.
What went wrong? What was I supposed to do?

Hey there,
if you get your money in being a clear favorite, there can't be that big of a mistake.

That being said: preflop 3b 3x+callers if being IP relative to the other players involved. Therefore I'd be 3betting to 12bb here.

If it was 100bb deep I'd be jamming preflop to the 4b+c, as stacks are massive here, I'd like to see a 5b.

Other than that, it's a suckout, let's shuffle up.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in pre flop but chances are he would have called with J J anyway. I've seen it too many times. This is a rare hand but in the future you would want to be more agressive with A A. 3 betting is far too low. Cheers

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand really well, there was nothing to do, it was just bad luck

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in pre flop but chances are he would have called with J J anyway. I've seen it too many times. This is a rare hand but in the future you would want to be more agressive with A A. 3 betting is far too low. Cheers
If I go allin with an AA, how will I be making any profit? This one is of the 16% of times AA loses I guess, but it has been paying me well so far. And yes, the 3bet was kind of low

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I go allin with an AA, how will I be making any profit? This one is of the 16% of times AA loses I guess, but it has been paying me well so far. And yes, the 3bet was kind of low

What I was refering to is that even if you went all in preflop, he would have called with J J. So this is an unfortunate hand. Weirdly this exact same thing happened to me this morning. Went all in pre flop with A A and got called with J J. He made trips and eliminated me from the tournament. Anither guy lost with A A against 3 3.
Other than the low 3bet, you did fine.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just a cooler, happens all the time/ I don't know what to talk about here

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should've raised again when CO went 25x.
But as someone said earlier, they might have paid with JJ anyways.
In my opinion, even if the result might be the same, you could've adjusted your preflop action, and therefore you will play this spot better in the future.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should've raised again when CO went 25x.
But as someone said earlier, they might have paid with JJ anyways.
In my opinion, even if the result might be the same, you could've adjusted your preflop action, and therefore you will play this spot better in the future.
What would u suggest, how should I adjust it?

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here again! Position makes a difference. First over (A horse racing term) I would play smaller. Late position with 2 or 3 players with money in the pot! Play it much harder. But, it sill depends on who is in and how each player plays according to my notes! Your notes are very important online! Is he a very loose player? Or a super tight one. Bigger issue when going all in. Even with AA!

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would u suggest, how should I adjust it?
I wouldn't have just called preflop but would have raised/shoved.
Even though they might not fold either way, raising again was the better play.