AA from SB

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1-$3 NL. ML and LL. Hero raises 2BB. ML calls. Suited flop is 57J. Hero bets half pot. Villain raises $42 more. Hero reraises and villain is all in for $375. Live game and no reads. Call or fold? Was called.

C

chiefshaver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call this every time. Lol I lose a lot too for what it's worth! :D:D:D

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call I would think the other player has KK or QQ.

B

bonzai888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
, I don't like that raise b4 flop tho, its easy call for him, that makes it hard to for u to read what he has. only could blame yourself he shows 5/7 suited, . bigger reraise lets me know he has a strong holding hand , but AA most of the time beats any other holding hand. yeah that reraise was free ride easy call, and he had position.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call and hope he doesn't hit his second pair on the turn or river.

Could be a small set but why fold after raising him?

Good luck !

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
, I don't like that raise b4 flop tho, its easy call for him, that makes it hard to for u to read what he has. only could blame yourself he shows 5/7 suited, . bigger reraise lets me know he has a strong holding hand , but AA most of the time beats any other holding hand. yeah that reraise was free ride easy call, and he had position.

I agree with bonzai here. By only min-raising with AA you are not only inviting the whole table to come along (especailly the blinds), but you are giving your opponents a chance to call with weaker holdings. Especially in late postion you need to open with 2.5x-3x minimum with a very strong range as you will be out of position most of the time. SB vs BB you can not give the BB a good price (1BB) to call with crap. Its better to take down the pot pre-flop then lose your stack thinking your aces are invincible. Min-raise is better suited towards situation where you want to get into multiway pots, like with suited connectors or with low pocket pairs where you can fold easily if you dont hit. You invite the low suited connectors by min-raising your aces, and when the board comes up monotone, usually does not end well.

T

tb87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. Other player has low card flush or A of suited. If flop included A, but still suited, obvious call.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit this hand was grossly misplayed. Preflop raise should've been substantially larger to pressurize any small pairs; and then fold to the all in raise as I'm likely looking at a low set. But Hero sucked out on turn and river with runner runner. Happy ending but still bad poker.:flute:

T

tb87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admit this hand was grossly misplayed. Preflop raise should've been substantially larger to pressurize any small pairs; and then fold to the all in raise as I'm likely looking at a low set. But Hero sucked out on turn and river with runner runner. Happy ending but still bad poker.:flute:
soooo was I right?