A Nit's Apology (why tight is right for me)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gold!!

whats you cbet% fp?

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really wish I had some insight or ability to share back with you equally,but i dont.

I will just have to say thanks for your awesome post and I am going to take dakotas advice and look back through your prior post.

Thanks so much :)

Snow :cool:

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dam i actually read through this whole thing.

GREAT POST!!

thank you and for alll those who said this should be article of the month...

add me to that list of people...you got my vote

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh thats a lot higher than i thought it would have been

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but on the other hand, a wider opening range means cbetting with air a lot more often

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need to go back to being a super nit, and this article is good enough motivation. Although in cash games I am a nit, as to mtts I am a lot more loose.

I must say, awesome post and add another +1 to the AOTM

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like this a lot, good work FP

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks FP:) I was thinking of trying to play looser in a live (electronic table )200nl game I play in . I see them play very loose and walk away with big bucks everynite . they've killed me with their 45's and ace rags and even worse against my big pairs. these tables and online are very similar . I will read your post a few more times but I've decided for now to stay tight . thank you sir for taking the time to help us all :)

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post, you've convinced me to cut down my CO opening range a little.
Well as long as I cease finding some nice 9/3 players to sit on my left:p

I've recently toned down my 26/24 stats to 21/19
I was definitly losing money playing to loose and I was finding it hard to cope with a mere 4 tables.
I can handle 5 if I've a few tables were I've been forced to play tighter than usual.
Also at the micros were I play the really isn't any need to play Laggy as your opponents aren't going to give you any more action than they would a nit as they even the regs refuse to adjust.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I said earlier, reading this post is +EV. Before, playing 22/18. After, playing 18/15. I like after better.. :D

Thanks again, Fredrik. :adore:

Attachments

• beforeafter.jpg
    beforeafter.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 136
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FP although this is a very good post, 19/16 is hardly a nit even at 6max. More like a TAG's apology imo.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apologizing for being a tag doesn't quite have the same ring to it. And I've been called a nit on more than one occasion, so I figured it made sense for the purposes of this post to refer to myself as one.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure what you're saying here.

i'm trying to say that by opening a wider range, you'll be cbetting more often because yor hardly going to raise 5,7s from co, then check on the flop

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm trying to say that by opening a wider range, you'll be cbetting more often because yor hardly going to raise 5,7s from co, then check on the flop

Not really. cbetting depends a lot more on the texture of the flop and our opponents than on the hand we actually have.

B

beefcake413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome article! Definitely helped me find a few holes that I definitely have in my game and will hopefully be able to help me stick the proverbial piece of chewing gum until I can actually fix it. Thanks!

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What Belgo said is true, and also the fact that if you open really wide and c-bet very very often, you're opening yourself up to someone raising every flop versus you and profiting. You're right that a LAG player c-bets more flops than I do, but not necessarily more percentage-wise.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it wasnt even the point I was trying to make in the first place, I wasn't even trying to make a point :), was just saying that your cbet% was higher than I thought purely because i thought you liked checking a lot more than betting

M

MichiganKuz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can say that if I read this post in Feb. just after joining CC, most of it would have gone straight over my head. That is not true today, which is a shout out to all of you contributing statesmen (and women) as to how much one can learn here. Thank you all very much.

This is a great post. It underlines the depth of understanding of the game and one's self that the best players have. Thanks for sharing. I plan to develop similar mad skills like these over time and when I get them, I too will share them.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tremendous post FP.

And lol-me that it's encouraged me to loosen aspects of my range :)

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A wonderful defense of this style. It encourages me to practice more of it in my own game.

but on the other hand, a wider opening range means cbetting with air a lot more often

Which is why a somewhat higher cbet% makes sense for the tighter player. FP's cbets will be value bets more often, therefore to get enough cbets in to be less exploitable (predictable as in cbet=value bet = action killer) he can do it more often.

I need to go back to being a super nit, and this article is good enough motivation. Although in cash games I am a nit, as to mtts I am a lot more loose.

It really does motivate me to spend more time practicing the style.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it wasnt even the point I was trying to make in the first place, I wasn't even trying to make a point :), was just saying that your cbet% was higher than I thought purely because i thought you liked checking a lot more than betting

Aha, ok. Yeah, like I said I wasn't sure where you were going with it, but no - I'm a big fan of betting. :)