A-10 off on the button hand analysis

C

Castlehill650

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, so I'm playing a cash game on the lowest stakes ACR has to offer which is .01-.02 short buys ($1 buy in). I will post the video along side of a small breakdown in text.

I see Ad-10c on the button and decide to bet 3x the blinds once it folds around to me. Small Blind folds and the Big Blind calls.

FLOP
2h-8d-Ah

Flop comes 2h-8d-Ah, and Villain checks. I lead out half pot ($.06). Villain check-raises 2x ($.12) and I call.

TURN
2h-8d-Ah-Qh

Turn comes Qh and this time Villain leads out with half pot ($.18). I tank for around 15 seconds and decide to fold looking for a better spot, with the lingering thought that he could either have a better ace (unlikely, most likely would have 3 bet flop), or flopped 2 pair and is looking to protect his hand.

In these stakes I understand that people can and will do anything that is "out of the norm" so to speak. I also did not have a profile on his play so not much information there.

Looking for some advice. Any takers? :eek:

VIDEO - https://youtu.be/yUwOlnsW7Lo

Last edited:
Gulas

Gulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without knowing his profile, it's hard to know if this were the right play. When in doubt, specially in lower stakes, believe in them when they bet a lot. Specially if you don't have much more than a pair yourself.

I would've done the same thing.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why call the flop to fold the turn?36% he has better Ace-that includes 2 pair.

A10 is a great blind stealing hand but your bet made it look like a c-bet.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made a typo, the queen was a spade not a heart in the video.

No way I am folding there. I would be putting him in on the turn. You have the range advantage as the preflop raiser here, most of his range consists of middle pair+flush draw bullshit.

M

MinorMisfit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should get a HUD so you can have a better idea of what type of player your up against.

If he was a solid player, i would have folded to his check raise.
If he was a lose aggressive player he might be doing that with a lot of hands you have beat.

As played, against an unknown player i would have called the turn bet, but folded to a river bet.

tough spot for sure when you don't know what type of player your facing.

Good luck and happy grinding!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands