7-Stud...Where Is It?

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all! I recently played some 7-Stud live a few weeks back when I was visiting my hometown. There was only one table going. The locals tell me the game only comes together about once a week. I walked away with a nice ~$400 profit.

I love this variation of poker but I don't see it too often. Why? Lack of popularity? Not profitable for the card room?

I wish more people would play it.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no tables for it at all where i play. Hold 'em is just so much more popular and in demand. Plus, it is a limit game so pots are smaller so less rake.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a good stud player at all, I play holdem generally, I play stud online on freeroll tourneys only. This game looks interesting for me. As I said, I don't know this game well, but it seems to me stud is more complicate and interesting game than holdem that takes more intelligence and memory and 'brain work'. You don't only have to see the cards, but remember which ones are already mucked, remember what every player did on every street etc. You need to know exactly when to bluff, too. Just IMO. Holdem is more popular, more plain, and more entertaining for people, so it's hard to find stud games now. You know, most of people just don't like to think too much, they wish to click, click, click, lol. Another thing is the juice, like TenJack said. This game is less profitable for poker rooms, that's it.

I wish more people would play it.
Me too. If there are more stud games online, I will try play stud too. There's almost no stud in poker rooms now.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not happy about it, it is completely wrong to see it slowly disappear, these types. For more than a year, I did not play this poker variation. I do not think the profits would be wrong, they just did not like it. Unfortunately, not very popular 7-Stud, and the other variations, maybe even the omaha, but slowly it will disappear.

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great community here. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

Personally, it's my favorite game. I play Hold'em just like everyone else. I'll never pass up an opportunity to play stud, though!

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just that not many people play it.
Same with Omaha, though a bit better there.

Once TH took the lead, it was destiny to be standard.

And everyone first wants to master the standard game, which is not easy. And once you are good, many people see no reason to try something different, if they can make money at TH