6max zoom vs 6max Reg tables

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I’m building a bankrol from a free bonus of a spin and go managed to play 6max with 2nl with 1 buy in and now I’m upto $20ish I’m still learning and wouldn’t say I’m winning over large samples but should o move to zoom or stick to reg tables whilst learning I know the ecosystem is a lot faster at zoom and bad players go bust faster etc so what’s the best route for me i struggle to put volume in with work and all that but aiming to become the best I can any advice would be much apresated

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Building a bankrol whilst I save up for a proper bankrol at 5nl but going to have to wait longer due to self isolating

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular tables will have a higher EV since you will get information on you're opponents faster. Also table selection and seatselection will highly boost you're winrate. And last competition is not as hard as in zoom.
Zoom tables on the other hand will let you play a higher volume wich you trade for EV. Thus zoom is a lot swingyer than Reg Tables.

So with that baby roll I'd suggest sticking to Reg tables until you build up to a 30-40 buyin roll. Don't worry about volume for starters.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are still not properly rolled even for 2NL. As others have said, staying on regular tables will give you the highest chance of not busting your small bankroll. If an additional deposit is possible, then your options are more open.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for all the advise I will stick to normal tables until I’m rolled for zoom as I can only put in maybe 1 hours play then I’m studying for at least one hour at a time thank you all

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table Selection

Table selection is so important but a forgotten art at all levels. Everyone at zoom is better than you and much better that the reg table, Why play zoom?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands per hour is 1 Zoom table? Why not just add an additional regular table if you want a little more volume. I'm getting 450+ hands / hr 6 tabling regular 6 max. And I can still notice some trends and take limited notes on Vs. Can anyone speak to the comparison of multi tabling vs Zoom? I haven't played Zoom since pre black Friday and never tried more than one Zoom table. Seems hard to imagine managing more than 2 Zoom tables with the fast fold and notes are super tough or even impossible as the player is gone as soon as you see what they had / did.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands per hour is 1 Zoom table? Why not just add an additional regular table if you want a little more volume. I'm getting 450+ hands / hr 6 tabling regular 6 max. And I can still notice some trends and take limited notes on Vs. Can anyone speak to the comparison of multi tabling vs Zoom? I haven't played Zoom since pre black Friday and never tried more than one Zoom table. Seems hard to imagine managing more than 2 Zoom tables with the fast fold and notes are super tough or even impossible as the player is gone as soon as you see what they had / did.

1 zoom table is roughly 250 hands an hour. I play 3-4 zoom tables. Thus roughly 1k/h.

Friend of mine who's playing full-time grinds 8 tables zoom and some tourneys on the side.

And since you can only play 4 Reg tables on stars at the same time you can't really get to that volume on Reg tables anymore.

Edit: as for notes you're down to using a Hud and labels. I rarely take notes, unless someone is doing smth way out of line. Against some regulars I do off table work and make notes trough hm2 tho

Last edited:
C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 zoom table is roughly 250 hands an hour. I play 3-4 zoom tables. Thus roughly 1k/h.

Friend of mine who's playing full-time grinds 8 tables zoom and some tourneys on the side.

And since you can only play 4 Reg tables on stars at the same time you can't really get to that volume on Reg tables anymore.

Edit: as for notes you're down to using a Hud and labels. I rarely take notes, unless someone is doing smth way out of line. Against some regulars I do off table work and make notes trough hm2 tho
Thanks for this! Something to consider if I ever want more volume. I'm on pokerstars as well and they seem to have lifted the 4 table max. I've sat 7 tables recently on Stars. You should try it. I assume the software limitations are the same even if the player pools are not.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for this! Something to consider if I ever want more volume. I'm on PokerStars as well and they seem to have lifted the 4 table max. I've sat 7 tables recently on Stars. You should try it. I assume the software limitations are the same even if the player pools are not.

Well this is good to know. Thanks! I'll try that later once I'm home. This would be interesting.

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zoom, you have a small bankroll and you can play really tight since you're trying to build it up, and get better faster because you see more hands per hour

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I prefer regular tables, so I can get to know my rivals better and the way each of them plays.

Rodolfo888

Rodolfo888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a form that I use to be profitable and play with a recreational player today has played a lot so I play on several table and game format.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely prefer cash tables because you get a better understanding of the way other players play, their trends and tendencies. On the other hand zoom tables players are constantly changing.

HansWurst77

HansWurst77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a little bit like different games. Many of the things that many people like in regular tables (and maybe know from live poker) get lost on zoom tables. It increases the difference between live and online poker. But, on the other hand, why not...there us a big varierty in poker-games and the zoom ones are sone more.

R

Roachor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i started w 23$ a few months ago and up to 100$ now with regular tables. Just 4 table and allot of table selection. I cant seem to win in Zoom, tried to open up in zoom but get 3 bet allot. Then went tighter and blinding me out. Its a struggle. So i would say normal tables.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reg tables would be better at bankroll building. In zoom you go through so many more hands that variance can kick in a lot more often.