6-max tables

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone explain to me why so many people seem to prefer 6-max tables ?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

mostly because:
1) there is more action than on FR
2) games are faster than on FR. You can play more hands per hour
3) they are more aggressive
4) you can play on wider ranges, so you don't have to wait too long for a hand you can open, 3bet, cc etc.
5) it's easier to play a pot with fish, because less regs on table than on FR

probably I forgot something, but I think that's the main reasons.

xkenjix

xkenjix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people are naturally aggressive. And like misaki said. You see more hands, theyre not afraid to be utg more often/really good on the flop/post flop.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

playing 6 - max, is for people with a higher technical level, as it requires you to play on the river several times.
Your range changes need to be looser many times.
The game runs faster, so it leaves the action of each player more visible, if a player starts to fold a lot, get safer, you can 3bet him but times, because the chance to pass increases a lot.
Tournament 6 has a lot of people playing online, but in the live is not going so much, because the big organizations preferred to put 9 palyer on the table so they gain physical space, and collect more buy in in a single hall, the problem is that the game gets more locked, the variance increases, the number of hand played per hour is lower in 9 player, already in 6 -max play if a bigger volume and this in the long of the tournament gives you more possibilities to play and win pots.
Particularly, online I have not played 6 -max, since I need to improve my game a lot, no longer live, I prefer because it puts more pressure of the adversary by the human factor of looking face to face with each action.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Because of the speed of the game.

You do not have to stay at the table for a long time. The cache of the game is even better, at any time you can finish the game, in contrast to the tournaments in which the final table is 4-5 hours.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion i think its easier to play. your hands value will be greater. if you ha a pair of AA it will cpunt more than on a 9. your position plays a lot more too. that its how i see

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They take less time, more aggressive table and are fun to play. Merge's micro 6 max table have a lot regulars and not a lot of good players. For me to get 1 or 2 games in quickly and know the majority of the players is a big plus.

Down side is the higher variances. I can see swings of $25.00 either way at any given period on the bankroll. One of my favorite MTT was the 6 table bounty, back when we (USA) could play on PS and FTP. It is lot different than playing a full table. Once you get proficient with that structure, it is a lot fun.

Last edited:
cash123

cash123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
particularly do not prefer 6-max I find it a bit too aggressive, do not get the opportunity to work post-flop ... a game all in preflop, it bothers me a little!

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6-max because i play aggresively and like the fast action.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much more action compared to normal game.

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6-max is better because the less players are there the more chance of winning you have.:)

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many individuals have given their thoughts on why they may prefer 6 player tables such as the aggression and speed, but I may differ slightly on these two observations.
For truly pure aggression and speed of the game, one needs to play on a 3 player table in the likes of a spin & go, now here is where hyper aggression and speed comes into play ……. Lol
The reason why I prefer 6 & 9 player tables over any other form of the game is purely for my win rate at these tables,, it is extremely easy for myself to cash on these types of games generally speaking, but I also get weary and sometimes bored of these formats when I over-do playing in too many games in a given sitting.
My latest kick NOW is the sit & goes, I had played in over 130 min buy-in games in one sitting a few weeks back… lol ………… super easy to win and the aggression is way over da TOP ….. J

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer FR more too and can't understand why so many people like 6-max this much nowadays. For me, there're more easily to win on 9-max table. I don't like the 6-max tables' dinamics and wildness. I know 9-max format is dying now. This hurts me.

5) it's easier to play a pot with fish, because less regs on table than on FR

I can't agree with you, absolutely not at all. Since regular players prefer 6-max more than 9-max now, it's almost no regs at FR tables. Just join one and you will see it. No wonder if you are only one good player at the table, almost everyone is sitting with non-full stack, limping and min-betting a lot etc. Pretty easy to play there.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer FR more too and can't understand why so many people like 6-max this much nowadays. For me, there're more easily to win on 9-max table. I don't like the 6-max tables' dinamics and wildness. I know 9-max format is dying now. This hurts me.

I can't agree with you, absolutely not at all. Since regular players prefer 6-max more than 9-max now, it's almost no regs at FR tables. Just join one and you will see it. No wonder if you are only one good player at the table, almost everyone is sitting with non-full stack, limping and min-betting a lot etc. Pretty easy to play there.

I had my FR episode on microstakes in last 2 months. Played there 2 weeks. Of course I had a problem with adjust some ranges, especially on early positions. But I had a feeling that people don't stuck there easy like on 6 max tables. On 6 max you make a table selection and play with fishes all the time. You can meet more crazy guys on 6max who build your winrate more. I just missed 6max because I started to earn less and slower. FR was boring. And funny thing was that on FR I wasn't happy to stuck off kings preflop. They were showing aces like every fkin time. It can't be a coincidence that regs are mostly tight, and fishes are mostly passive so it means you can't earn that much money on fr like on 6max where you can exploit their aggression.