6-max HUD Stats... Good or bad?

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are my HUD stats playing 6-max ZOOM 2NL on pokerstars over a 14k sample size (I blacked out my username and net profit).

Please let me know if these stats are good or bad and what I can improve on. Thanks in advance :)

1zxv6vb.png

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would argue you are a little too loose pre. Even for 6 max. You should be cbetting around 65% instead of 80% and you are also floating cbets 75% of the time which is way too high.

Latamgrinder

Latamgrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think VPIP/PFR is fine the issue i see with those stats is the gap between them which denotes pasive tendencies that are confirm by a very high float flop cbets (75%) and also float turns cbets (67%), ironicly you´re postlop Agg% is 45%

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think VPIP/PFR is fine the issue i see with those stats is the gap between them which denotes pasive tendencies that are confirm by a very high float flop cbets (75%) and also float turns cbets (67%), ironicly you´re postlop Agg% is 45%

Playing 28.8% of hands is just not needed at all to beat 2NL. Someone that has leaks, especially leaks of calling too much should probably tighten up preflop until their post flop game improves. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Latamgrinder

Latamgrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...For a good player that would be fine but for someone that has leaks, especially leaks of calling too much should probably tighten up preflop until their post flop game improves...
Yeah this makes sense for sure

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As above pretty much...

Had I any stats on you in line with the above I would have you tagged as a loose passive calling station.

The following is just my opinion mind based on my own experience, my own stats, analysis and research:

VPIP too loose. I play a pretty solid LAGish style and I have a VPIP of 23%.
Remember, the wider your starting hand selection = the more difficult post flop spots become = the more mistakes to be made = greater risk to bankroll.

PFR too wide too, around 18% I would say is ideal. An 8.7% difference between VPIP and PFR is big too... your calling opens too much.

3B% could be a little higher, particularly if you are going to play a looser style, somewhere between 8 and 10% would be better. That being said, for 2NL your probably about right as we should be more concerned with 3b for pure value based on our equity...

Your AG% is okish but could be a little higher which indicates your checking/calling too often post flop. That could be because you are playing OOP too often without the lead. I use the Aggression Factor stat myself and am more familiar with how this works however my Agg% is around 52%. Whats your overall Aggression Factor?

WTSD is in the right region. if it dropped by a couple %, around 28-29 you would see your W$SD increase too, to around 51% at 2NL

Flop Cbet far too high. around 65% would be about right.

Fold to Cbet far too low. Around 40-45% would be much better.

As for turn and river stats sort the above ^^ and these should address themselves.

I hope this was of some use....

S

SenorStacks

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VPIP/PFR is okay-ish, could be a bit closer to each other but it's a decent playing style, but what is way too high is your Cbet and FCbet, which results in a too low Won $ at SD. It would surprise me if these stats would make you a winning player, maybe a very marginally one (1-2bb/100).

Tighten up postflop :)

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all your help.

I think a big reason for my VPIP / PFR gap is because at 2NL, if I have a hand like AT, KQ, 22, 99, 56s, J9s, etc. on the button and MP raises to $0.06, I will call him, rather than 3-betting him. Another reason is because I like to protect my blinds against button raises. If I have a hand like K5s and I am facing a button raise and everyone else folded, I generally won't give them much credibility, so I'll call their bet. If I have an awful hand like 27o I'll just fold, but if it has at least some postflop equity (like T9o), sometimes I'll 3bet them, mostly for fold equity. But I do a lot of calling from the blinds, especially the big blind.

I make a lot of continuation bets. I consider myself a very aggressive player actually. A lot of my wins come from getting folds on the flop, so I'm not entirely convinced that having a high flop Cbet % is a problem at 2NL (but I am open to criticism about this). Generally speaking, if I miss the flop, I will Cbet almost 100% of the time. Most of the times I don't C-bet are the times I smash the flop (eg. AK on a K95 flop, or 55 on a J75 flop) and I want to give the villain a chance to catch up. I don't always 2-barrel, but I look for spots when I can scare the villain. For example, if a flush/straight draw just completed, or if a scare card came on the turn and another one came on the river, then I'll barrel away, hoping for some fold equity.

Sometimes I do think that I play too "fancy" for 2NL, like I would do better if I just played more ABC style, barreled away less, check-raised less, floated less, protected my blinds less, stole blinds less, etc... but it's still so satisfying when you make fancy plays like this and they end up working, especially multiple times in a row. And it's annoying when you 2-barrel someone and then check the river and they check back, only to have them win with a high card (because they were chasing a gutshot and missed), and you think that if you'd only made 1 more barrel, the pot would be yours. Then again, it's annoying when you make what you think is a very strong bluff and you get called down by middle pair. What do you think?

EDIT: I am in the green at 2NL ZOOM, but not by much (I don't want to give away my exact win rate, but I definitely feel that I have a lot of improving to do). The reason I'm in the green is because I win a lot of money without reaching showdown (although most of the times I do reach showdown, I lose). I like to take advantage of the fact that the players at 2NL ZOOM are extremely nitty and love to fold. But every play-style has an advantage and a disadvantage. I want to keep my wins without showdown high whilst at the same time minimising my losses at showdown. How can I do this?

EDIT2: Also, another question: if you have a mediocre hand like KJo, A4s or 22, you're on the button and facing a raise from MP or UTG, what do you usually do (assuming 2NL 6-max ZOOM)? I feel like I get this wrong a lot of the time. Most of the time I'll cold-call, but sometimes I'll fold and wait for a better spot, whereas other times I'll 3bet (since I'm in position and have quite a lot of fold equity, plus I get to know where I'm at by the way they react to my 3bet). I want to learn a more systematic approach to dealing with these spots against unknown villains.

Last edited:

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually screw it, I will post my win rate. It's likely to change in the near future anyway. This is only a 15k sample size:

2j2g7qo.png

I've started to light 3bet on the button more against early position raises, as well as light 3betting from the blinds against button raises. I find this is very effective at bringing fold equity, since:
a) players don't want to call a 3bet oop with a mediocre hand, and
b) most button raises tend to be really weak hands just trying to steal the blinds. They want to win the blinds uncontested and will rarely fight back against aggression.

But yeah, I'm hoping I can bring this win rate up to around 10bb/100 before I move up to 5NL.

JonnyW87

JonnyW87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't read the full thread but did read the part where you said if you have K5s in the big blind facing a button raise you will call. Cold calling hands like that from the blinds will be -EV in the long run.

I would be folding>3-betting>calling to be honest. I prefer to have a merged 3-betting range when OOP and a polarized 3-betting range when IP.

If you are on the button facing an MP raise cold calling with hands like small-medium PP is pretty standard. Also cold calling hands that play well like ATs, KQs-KTs, QJs-QTs, JTs I would agree with. I would be more inclined to 3-bet the suited connectors say T9s-65s rather than call but that's just me.

I think the reason why you have a biggish gap between VPIP and PFR is most probably cold calling from the blinds too often. I also think to you are playing far too loose for the stakes you are playing at. TAG ABC style poker is all that is needed to beat the micros, especially 2NL-10NL.

One more thing that stands out to me is your WTSD% is quite high, I think try getting it down to between 27-28% would be better. But then again if you are targeting bad players in general who don't like to fold and just value betting relentlessly then you will have quite a high WTSD% as there are a lot of calling stations at the micros who just can't fold a pair.

After I wrote out this reply I realised that you play ZOOM, whereas I was giving pointers leaning more towards standard 6-max as I don't play ZOOM but can't imagine things being too different.

15k hands is still a very small sample so I suggest maybe tightening up a little get your VPIP/PFR down to somewhere near 22/18 (3-bet is fine) and just get more hands under your belt.

Then after say 50k hands maybe re-post your stats and also win rates by position then people will be able to help you spot areas for improvement.

Is there any reason you choose ZOOM over standard 6-max ? I personally feel that when starting out and learning how to play standard 6-max would be a better option and make things a little easier for you to improve on your game.

GL anyway :)

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a number of reasons why I play ZOOM over normal tables:
1) I find that ZOOM tables are easier to beat. The players are tighter, more passive and more predictable. Often I can take down a pot with just a simple C-bet. bluffing, floating and C-betting is less common at ZOOM compared to normal tables. Basically, everyone who plays 2NL ZOOM is a rock, and I find rocks easier to beat than calling stations.
2) I love the convenience of it. Within 5 seconds of signing into PokerStars, I can boot up 2 ZOOM tables and just start playing. With normal tables, I have to search for tables that aren’t full but aren’t empty either, I have to wait a few minutes to post my big blind and I have to organise all the tables into the correct position on my laptop screen. Also, there’s the guarantee on ZOOM that tables will always be full, so I won’t have to deal with players sitting out and abandoning the table.
3) I love the fast fold button. It makes it so much easier to play better preflop without getting tired of waiting for a good hand. Also, when I’m on the button, I can take advantage of players in the small blind who overuse the fast fold button. And I am constantly getting the action I want, rather than waiting for a hand to end when I’m not involved and not interested in it.
4) It’s much easier playing with only 2 tables at once. That way, I can see the tables much easier (bigger on my screen) and I never have more than 2 decisions to make at a time. With normal tables, I’ll be waiting ages for a hand I can play, then all of a sudden, I’ll get 4 good hands at once and I’ll be overwhelmed with decisions.
5) Players can’t take notes on me as easily in ZOOM as they can in regular tables. I don’t want the villains to know that I’m an aggressive player with a very high C-bet percentage and a high steal rate preflop, or else they will be able to adjust their play accordingly. Instead, I like them to all play in the same way as each other and I can play in such a way as to exploit the average unknown player.

With the K5s example, I actually think I’m ahead of the villain’s range more often than not. Think about it: if the villain is raising on the button with about 70% of hands, then their range must be very weak. However, I also don’t want to bloat the pot for the times when the villain does show up with a pocket pair or Ace high and decides to get sticky with it. Also, I’ve found that C-betting works more often in 2bet pots than it does in 3bet pots. If I raise to $0.06, get a caller , then I make a C-bet of $0.10 on the flop, it will work most of the time. Whereas if I 3bet to $0.18, get a caller, then I make a C-bet of $0.25, not only am I risking more money, but it actually works less often. For this reason, I like to avoid 3-bet pots postflop unless I have a genuinely strong hand. It’s so much easier to just call a button raise with K5s, see a flop, make a C-bet and win right there. Also, hands like K5s do have some equity, so they’re not completely awful in the event that my C-bet is ineffective.

I’m not sure why my WTSD% is so high. I like to think that most pots are won on the flop or lost on the turn. But I guess sometimes if my C-bet fails, we’ll just check it down to the river, since they’re too passive to do any betting themselves. Also, there are times when I have an average hand (like middle pair) and don’t think that I can realistically get 2 streets of value off the rock I’m playing against, so we just check it down.

I’ll try to tighten up a little bit. I’ll start by removing weak suited connectors (eg. 45s) from my early position range and see if that makes much of a difference. And I’ll be sure to post again once I get a larger sample size (like 50k hands). Thanks :)

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you understand what a C bet is. When you call in the blinds you are not gonna win the hand with a C bet because you simply can't. You will either win the hand with a donk or probe bet. Both of them are quite substantially different and less effective than a C bet.

A C bet is when the pre flop raiser bets the flop. If you call in the blind and decide to bet the flop you are making a donk bet. If the flop goes check check and you decide to bet the turn that's called a probe bet.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An 8.7% difference between VPIP and PFR is big too... you're calling opens too much.

3B% could be a little higher, particularly if you are going to play a looser style, somewhere between 8 and 10% would be better.

WTSD is in the right region. if it dropped by a couple %, around 28-29 you would see your W$SD increase too

Fold to Cbet far too low.

I took your advice and changed these 4 things about my game. I lowered the VPIP/PFR gap to 7.4%, I increased my 3bet% to 8.33%, I lowered my WTSD to 30.3% and I increased my FvCbet to 30.8%. Just from these 4 things, I've noticed a huge difference in my win rate, so thank you :)

de4eua.png