50$ bankroll sit and go or mtt

T

tomahalkcash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, on Next week i Will buy 50$ dólars at pokerstars, and i want to ask you , what type of game you think os better to play? Site and go pro MTT?

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, on Next week i Will buy 50$ dólars at PokerStars, and i want to ask you , what type of game you think os better to play? Site and go pro MTT?

Not a Tourney player here but, if I recall correctly you want to have a minimum of 100 Buyins as bankroll for these games. Sticking to your BR-Management is the first step to become a profitable player. Hence you would be allowed to play games up to 0.5$ BI.

As a rule of thumb, the more players in a Tourney the higher the variance, so if you are still learning and don't know if you beat the games I would recomend 1 table SnG's. This will also teach how to play in later stages of MTT's. Wich require different strategies for the different stages of the tournament.

In terms of softness I would say in this BI range there is not much difference between SnG's or MTT's.

Last edited:
I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much depends on your knowledge and skills. Tournaments on the PS have a large number of participants and it is harder to get prizes there. I would recommend inexpensive SNG, single, double table SNG, as well as 45 and 90 people. Over time, start playing for 180 participants, and then try MTT ....

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try playing 1 dollar sit and goes it is not hard to profit on those if you play right.

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will always recommend cash games. With this bankroll, play nl2.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I advise you to play with 50$ on pokerstars multi-table tournaments 0.25$ for 45 and 90 people in the future, when you earn at least 100-150$ you can play MTT 0.55$ as an option, you can Deposit this money to another poker room and start playing on the MTT bankroll with 0.11-0.22 $ so that your risks of going broke are minimal

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls. Its the only way i ve found to dont lose my money

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, on Next week i Will buy 50$ dólars at PokerStars, and i want to ask you , what type of game you think os better to play? Site and go pro MTT?

Hey Mate!

I personally think that $1-2 SNG is the best game to start with at that bankroll. SNG gives you lots of hands for a small entry price, but doesn't take 17 million hours like MTTs do.

Cash games are great too but require a lot of skill, so I think the best progression is SNG then CASH then MTT

Here's a video to help you make the decision based on your personality

Good luck!!!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a cash game of 1c/2c, isn't it?

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management is hardest thing to do in poker world.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a lot of others have said with $50 I think it best to stick with the sng games if playing single table STTs playe the $1 games with the occasional shot at $2.

Or alternatively play the 45-90player games at the $0.50 BI level as you will have 100Buyins though if you drop below 60buyins ($30) may be worth dropping to the $0.25 games.

At the end of the day it is down to preference and what games you play your best game in.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would avoid MTTs for now though if you can, as if you use 100buyins as your BRM you are playing the 50c MTTs and on PokerStars those games get several thousand runners every game and therefore is difficult to cash regularly.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would stick to sit and go games as mtts with buy ins this low are too competitive and variance will kill your bankroll. Keep your variance low, and your risk of ruin lower.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit and go in this case.
The bankroll is too short.

You can grind 0,50 cents Turbos.
Is a good moment for learn multi-tabling better.

Check your results after 1000 games.

Is very easy to play 50 turbos/day.
So after 20 days you'll have 1000 games played.

Won't be the best sample to realize if you are playing well or not, but is a good start.

Check your ROI, ITMs and all stats possible.
Good ITM for this kind of game is 35%+
And ROI about 8-15% is already good.

And you can play 0,25 cents 45p and 90p.
It takes time to grind hard and raise the stakes, but is regular structure and variance is lower.

You can improve in some important areas now, increase your bankroll and focus in MTTs later, when you are solid both in game and BR.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends
are you a winning or losing player at 1/2 and 2/4 cash tables

what is your roi for micro / nano tourneys..??

the answers to these questions will dictate what games you should play with a 50$ roll.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips

It depends on what your level is and what u played in the past.
Cash games is a good idea if you are a good player.
But in case you're just starting out, play sit and go.
Tournaments u need more buy ins

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I recommend only MTT knockouts, they often win back the very entrance to the tournament + there is a chance to fight for good prize money. Sit end go too limited in prize money(

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sit n go with this bankroll, because for the mtts is more difficult, it is a little small. The choise is yours and depends from what fits your play better. You can always try the cash game also!

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its better to play sit n gos, you should have lower variance on those games as opposed to MTTs, which most of the times have larger player fields.
The higher the variance the game, the more diversification you need in other to lower the risk of busting your bankroll

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management