Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
£1/1 live friday game, full ring

UTG+2 (Hero): £220, fairly active in the last few orbits and won several small pots, fold to Villain 3bet once, maybe seen as a loose rec
LJ (Villain): £210, young reg playing like 30/25/8, iso limpers and squeeze a lot preflop, did see him folding to 4bet aggression

Preflop: UTG+2 raised to £4 with AQ, LJ 3bet to £12. Folded to UTG+2 4bet to £30. LJ called.
Believe villain would fold some weaker hands to 4bet. I don't like defend 3bet OOP with AQo, UTG +2 vs LJ. Fold to 5bet obviously

Flop: T72, pot £62
UTG+2 bet £15 and LJ called.
Just bet to hope villain would fold some AJs or AQ

Turn A, pot £92
UTG+2 check-called LJ £36 bet.
Most interesting spot. I don't think I can get values from many weaker ace and this keeps villain bluff in the range. If I had KK and AsAd, may also check-call here.

River A, pot £164
UTG+2 check-called LJ all-in bet.

Clearly a good card for my exact hand but villain could have nuts as well.
Villain value range: AK (4), AQ (3), AhJh (1), removed TT as I believe villain would raise on the flop
Villain bluff range: JJ (6), KhQh (1) not sure if he bluff some QQ,

How would you play this hand? Do you assign a different range to villain on the river?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LAG Villain has Anything

£1/1 live friday game, full ring

UTG+2 (Hero): £220, fairly active in the last few orbits and won several small pots, fold to Villain 3bet once, maybe seen as a loose rec
LJ (Villain): £210, young reg playing like 30/25/8, iso limpers and squeeze a lot preflop, did see him folding to 4bet aggression

Preflop: UTG+2 raised to £4 with AQ, LJ 3bet to £12. Folded to UTG+2 4bet to £30. LJ called.
Believe villain would fold some weaker hands to 4bet. I don't like defend 3bet OOP with AQo, UTG +2 vs LJ. Fold to 5bet obviously

Flop: T72, pot £62
UTG+2 bet £15 and LJ called.
Just bet to hope villain would fold some AJs or AQ

Turn A, pot £92
UTG+2 check-called LJ £36 bet.
Most interesting spot. I don't think I can get values from many weaker ace and this keeps villain bluff in the range. If I had KK and AsAd, may also check-call here.

River A, pot £164
UTG+2 check-called LJ all-in bet.

Clearly a good card for my exact hand but villain could have nuts as well.
Villain value range: AK (4), AQ (3), AhJh (1), removed TT as I believe villain would raise on the flop
Villain bluff range: JJ (6), KhQh (1) not sure if he bluff some QQ,

How would you play this hand? Do you assign a different range to villain on the river?

My opinion is that if he is really very LAG then he has nothing. In other words - any two cards that was some kind of speculative hand preflop that looked good to him at the time. Maybe even 34 or 35 suited.

You have the practical nuts and he is trying to buy the pot.

Is it possible he has pocket deuces? Sure. More likely he maybe has a pair with a busted flush or straight draw. If he is really unlucky in the hand he has T7. It is possible he has Ax and if you are really unlucky in the hand he has A2h or A7h. If he had A-rag hearts then he was never folding on the flop turn or river.

I like your check call on the river because his shove is predictable from a nothing hand.

LAGs are NOT normal people!

I hope you won the hand and if not then it was just an unlucky spot for you that LAGs live for.

Good luck !

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop: 8% is not a lot. Your 4bet is ok as long as it is not majority of the time. You mainly should fold AQo here, especially at low stakes live games.

Flop: I don't like your bet, but I guess I need to know how you play your whole range. You can range bet, but even then your bet should be at least 33%. 25% achieves nothing.

Turn: I don't like check, AQ is too strong to check call on the turn. It is check call on the river. By betting you protect your hand from many draws, and you definitely will get paid by aces. Villain will call with any ace here. Once you check and villain bets, it's easy call obviously.

River: Easy call.