3 bet calling range pre flop - Zoom?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally play zoom so guess facing 3 bets ans a flop c bet is more common than 9 seated cash

K

kbolding7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a 3 bet calling range on zoom needs to be somewhat strong and have implied odds potential like pocket pairs and suited connectors. I like the 15, 25, and 35 rule where you call with pocket pairs with 15 times the pot in your stack, 25 for suited connectors, and 35 for suited aces.

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a 3 bet calling range on zoom needs to be somewhat strong and have implied odds potential like pocket pairs and suited connectors. I like the 15, 25, and 35 rule where you call with pocket pairs with 15 times the pot in your stack, 25 for suited connectors, and 35 for suited aces.
Ive never heard of that rule, thank you! :) what other rules do you find works well? :D

K

kbolding7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's kind of a general rule and does not have to be followed like exactly but I definitely follow that one. This is just a good one for calling preflop.

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In "your stack" or "effective stack"?

rvh85

rvh85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I also play zoom poker.Mostly on the nl 25 limit. An interesting rule, I'll take note of the strategy.It would be interesting to learn something new.Thanks

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like playing zoom tables. variance is so huge. i think regular cash game tables are better. you can play multi table with hud easily :)