2 street value hands OOP?

D

drdunkage85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing 2 street value hands like TPTK or overpairs OOP is something I find tricky and would appreciate some insight. Given that we are OOP and can't x back for pot control, does this make our felting range wider and turn the above mentioned 2 street hands into hands we are willing to go 3 streets with vs an unknown?

Example:

We open AK utg off 100 bb effective stack and get called from BN. Pot roughly 7.5bb assuming a 3 x open raise. Both players have 97bb behind.

Flop

Ah 6s 7h

We Cbet 6bb & get called. Pot 19.5bb

Turn 2c -

IMO a card we want to continue aggresion on so we bet 15bb & get called. Pot is now 49.5bb & both players have 76bb behind.

If the river blanks, say 3c, Im going into x/c mode here giving missed draws the option to bluff but Im never folding.

If the river completes the FD Im in a spot, even worse if a straight card hits because although V will still fire missed flushes and straights on the river, Im essentially now having to decide whether to pay off or fold a very good hand that could be easily ahead of any Ax and bluff but dead to completed draws.

Is the latter situation a default fold or default call in your opinion? Is TPTK or overpairs too light to call with in your opinion?

Sorry if the post is confusing just really lookin for insights. Playing OOP sucks the big one lol

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation i would go into damagecontrol mode :D
Its very clear he have something, a draw or a hit with 2 calls.

So he have alot of Ax, 77, 66, 67, 45, 89 and pairs 88 - QQ
(given that KK and AA would raise you pre)
A few times he will have Worse hands like K high (KQc, KJc types)

Having top pair and top kicker, theres no chance of folding to a bet on river.
I would check call every day, and 2 times on sundays here ;)

Of course your have a good bankrollmanagent and survive the variance of him having a set,
2 pairs or an unlikely backdoor flush :)

D

drdunkage85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks minus appreciate the feedback bruv [emoji38]

D

drdunkage85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to clarify, youre saying that x/c here is the best option regardless of draws hitting the river or not?

Vs an overbet OTR from V do you think this could be a fold given that were stacking off? Maybe call on blanks and str8 cards and fold to OB on flush rivers?

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation is a clear b/f line over a x/c line for me. So many worse hands call a reasonable bet that check behind. Hands that don’t check behind are either nuts or bluffs, so we miss value vs medium strength hands and offer villain a chance to get more chips than if we b/f or fold us of our winning hand.

In this situation we have to think clearly whether our hand is value or not.

We commit a pretty severe ev mistake by x/c.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands