2 month play with bankroll . need advice

C

chalton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i attached my bankroll in 2 month .

i play in turkish site and i play in 1.5 -3 lir stack..

in first month i play very well in my stack and i limited time for 45 minutes per season.

but in this month after 1 week i changed my stack to 2.5-5 and 5-10 , even 10-20 and 25-50 ..

i lost big part of my win in this month .

i saw a lot of video about tilt but i cant control this .. why ?

how is my performance ?

i just fix this problem that i go to higher stack !!

Untitled

Untitled2

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you already know what the problem is. You are not patient and careful enough when you move up in stakes. It's obvious from your screenshot that you are a very talented poker player, because most of your sessions you won. But then you have a couple of sessions where you lost big. You need to be more patient. Try to beat stakes long-term before you consider moving up again in stakes. I think you did it too quick. I think you will do very well if you do that.

Garcia9000

Garcia9000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend tithe book, mental game of poker ; it helped me a lot with tilt; you can also block higher stakes and use a software like poker tracker to see how your doing, etc.

C

chalton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you already know what the problem is. You are not patient and careful enough when you move up in stakes. It's obvious from your screenshot that you are a very talented poker player, because most of your sessions you won. But then you have a couple of sessions where you lost big. You need to be more patient. Try to beat stakes long-term before you consider moving up again in stakes. I think you did it too quick. I think you will do very well if you do that.

Thank you

exactly . some days i'm very moody and aggressive. especially after big bad beat . i must look to this game long term . that's right .

i know what is problem but i need to hear it from other player . Thanks man

C

chalton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend tithe book, mental game of poker ; it helped me a lot with tilt; you can also block higher stakes and use a software like poker tracker to see how your doing, etc.

Thanks . i must read this book .

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you cant control tilt just quit that session for a break of 15-20 minutes than come back and continue if you feel ok

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the above advice is good. It also helps to keep in mind that your results are not a reflection of who you are. We all lose hands, sessions and strings of sessions. Probability is not fair or consistent. You are not entitled to win any given hand, even when you are a prohibitive favorite.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You may be playing at too high limits. Try to take no more than 1/25-1/30 of the bankroll at the table

Q

qbvbsite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just create a BRM system and stick to it :). Worked for me to prevent playing games I should.

L

lisdiked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yh same advice just play with lots of buyins for stake you never played then least give to time to know if you even beat it without stressing and if you drop alot quite quickly first dont tilt it off but also even if your rolled in your eyes for the game move back down to the stake you beat so least you know you can get an edge in that pool and those stakes good luck.

and yh the tilt thing is a big issue cause essentially if its a game of small edges as people in poker say to begin with even if have relatively big edge on someone when executing your strategy with no emotion swaying things it means absolutely nothing if for a period you go monkey tilt cause its very easy to tilt off all your profits and some and your edge has completely evaporated and your the mark and the fish now in relation to everyone else at the table and losing money big time at a fast rate, i dont know what to say about tilt other than quit the game for the day go do something else do a different hobby go exercise i dont know but dont play cause your just burn money, and as said even the next day it will effect you so in truth you need to remember its a game and its suppose to be fun so if you log in and your already feeling a way and agitated or just not right just dont play!!! cause why would you its meant to be fun if you really fancy playing and want to get your gamble fix just open a super duper cheap tournament or something then you get the potential fun if your mood lifts playing when you get into it (realise your fine not tilty) but cap your losses at well at very little, but for most part if tilting and you really cant reign the tilt in (i cant by the way just force yourself to stop cause honestly you save your self a ton of money that other people wont just by doing that that in itself is an edge cause i honestly dont think many people at all stop playing when they tilt, they play through it and maybe break-even and waste time till they've reigned in the emotions and continue playing with a smaller edge if they have one for rest of there session, or they just go off the deep end and monkey tilt for 3-4 hr ha and dump loads of money to people.

So the tilt just stop playing, also to make yourself less likely to tilt play with people significantly worse than you that you can read like a book so that even if you donk off a few stacks in mistakes or tilt to them you know how they play so you know the areas you can recuperate the losses and get it back and some cause if you really cocked up a bluff (as in you bluff really wasnt good whatsoever or call) it will look to some people like your nuts over doing something so should help get possibly more action with allsorts of strength hands more than should get least for a period of time vs someone.

(crap didnt realise how old the thread is oh well)

GL hope your doing well

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management