2/5 Hand

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks are 500 Effective, 2/5 10 straddle live

This game is by far the wildest I have ever been in, I am the shortest stack buying in at 500 [the max], almost every else at the table is sitting 3-5k deep.

These players are losing their minds with marginal holdings and preflop is RARELY less than 3-4 players and 3/4 betting is basically every hand. Because I am so short relative to the table I was trying to keep it pretty tight until I make a hand or two and understand what these people are doing.

MP3 Opens to 50 over a straddle [standard for this game,] I call from the button with 99, UTG calls behind me. 3 to the flop, pot is 150+/-

Flop is 2 5 4 rainbow. UTG Bets 125, MP3 Raises all-in. Decision on me.

775 in the pot, there is no chance the player behind me is not going to call. Basically 450 to call, 775 in the pot, 1275 if I am correct about the player behind me coming in.

I tanked for a few minutes, and eventually folded my 9s. MP3 rolled over 6s and the small blind had A7 off. I would have tripled up if I called, however I dont think I was ahead of any reasonable players in that situation.

Thoughts? Was this a bad fold?

B

Blair29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the table is crazy then 99's might well have been a good hand to 3bet pre with. It has the advantage of isolating the 66's and would help define a range.

UTG is not really repping much by the lead on a dry board so I'd be pretty comfortable that I'm ahead of them. but MP3 comes down to reads.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happily getting this in on the flop, would shove preflop.

When they are opening to 10% of your stack, you are playing very shallow effective.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With their behavior you should have called. 9 is statistically a high card. 99 are very often best hand pre-flop. I hope you had rebought.I usually buy in at 50 BB see what is happening then I can always add in or leave.

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This table is wild as f !!!!
Seems they don't respect their money.

But still you beat nothing except 66/77/88 and their airs.
I believe I wouldn't call unless I had a good BR.
Prefer to shove there pre.As you said they were wild and call with marginal hands.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I agree that not 3-betting pre was a mistake, but as played, with only 50$ invested into the pot so far, is it wise to just find a better spot?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands