$100 bankroll strategy

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure where I first heard of this strategy, but I think it's a winner.
HERE GOES...............START WITH $100 AND NEVER BET MORE THAN 2% OF YOUR bankroll. This would make your first tourn or sng a max of $2 for your first buy in. If you cash in your first attempt youcan continue with $2 buyins. If you don't cash you are forced to move down to a $1 buyin. If you stick to this strategy strictly, your $100 will last you for a minimum of fifty events. If you cash frquently you will move up slowly enough where you wont jump into a tourneey where you are outclassed. it extends the learning process. I think this is a good strategy for beginners. But I must emphasize theat strict adherence to the 2% rule is mandatory. I recomended this system to a co-worker just beginning to play. Heck, If he doesn't try it, I just might open an acct. on a new site and try it myself. What do you think???

H

hurricanebezy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like the daily working on the grind to me. The only thing about this is that you really have to have some patients and deal with all of the donks at the lower levels.

Q

quin666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It sounds like a pretty good strategy, if you stick to it.

I have been doing something similar, with the exception of buying into mtt's that cost less than 5% of my BR. These mtt's are on a South African based poker room, and they are pretty small. I cash in about 20%-30% of the mtt's I play in and my BR is growing slowly. If I make it into the money, I usually finish to 4 or 5, winning 1 or 2 a week.

My only problem is that every now and then, my patience gets the better of me, and I play in a ring game and lose a chunk of my BR, or play a much more expensive mtt, then have to rebuild.

Patience is key here, and I have to keep myself strictly to the strategy!

W

wooo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trust me , this is a great idea.
I havw also being doing this idea,however i only play with 1% of my bankroll.
Its been a bit slow lately , but i have never made a deposit and now have over $700.
Beleave me it is the wat to go.
I too sometimes go a bit nuts and breack my rules and then have to rebuild.
Good luck on your bankroll and learning.
You will find your skill level will increse without you even noticeing it.
One day it will hit you (hay im placeing more now than b4)

T

The_Kaizer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Isnt this something similar to the Chris Ferguson 0-$1m strategy or something like it on Full Tilt?

I read a bit of that and it all sounds like a great idea but as posted above, the hours and hours you would have to commit and end up winning about $50 in a day could be soul destroying, decent way to begin though as you have said and it would probably be the best way to learn if this is whats required.

:cool:

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management