.10 / .25 minimum micro stake to play

T

tsm26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after my relatively brief stint with online poker i've come to realize that for me at least .10 / .25 is the bare minimum that i can play and successfully make money at. as stupid as it is that was he first stake i played at, and obviously i wasn't properly roll'd for it. deposited maybe 50-75 bucks and grinded it out on my cell phone playing only one game each time with a buy in of only about 10 bucks. i ran that up to 230 bucks in a matter of 5 hours over two days like i said playing one table. since then i purchased a laptop thinking that i would go all the way down to .02 / .05 and get use to the multi-table scene. i feel like this got me use to multi-tabling and such, but that stake for me is over. it seems as if you raise people fold and you scoop barely any money, or you raise and someone beats your big slick with bullets or pocket kings and so on. basically, whenever raising in a micro game it seems as if it's a crap shoot.. because you're usually not going to make much from the preflop blinds / bets and if someone does call it's more than normally a coin flip. it just seem you have o continuously be incredibly lucky and to make money consecutively at such a small stake. even .05 / .10 so my point is, im honestly not roll'd for .10 / .25, but i will be depositing a hundred or two and playing 2 - 4 tables with 10 - 15 dollars on each and seeing what i can do. i want more serious competition, not people that will donk off their stack for ****s sake though i sure it will happen at .10 / .25 as well but not as much.
curious as to if there are any other .10 / .25 grinders reading this? let me know how you feel about that stake and micro's in general

T

tsm26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and to add, i do alright at .02 / .05, im always up then take a hit.. then up again, and take another hit again and so on. was up and down for a long time my last session, someone in early position who check and called my raise had ace rag. he flopped an ace, turned another ace, and the river paired a flopped 3 to give him a boat. always in .02 / .05 im up and then some incredible suckout happens. i flushed on that hand. i feel as if the potential income is not worth it in the lower stakes playing 2-4 tables. maybe if you're one of those 10-24 tablers but, not for me and not at .02 / .05

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you played 1 table for 5 hours at about 70 hands per hour you played 350 hands and in that time you won about 6 buy ins which is 600 big blinds. So you are winning about 171BB/100 hands which is definitely a case of a small sample size and you running like a god. If you can't beat the small stakes then you can't beat 25NL. I know you won't listen anyway but you should consider my advice. FYI a good winrate is 5BB/100 hands so you running at 171BB/100 hands should show you just how great you are running.

D

dwrec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consistent .10/.25 player and I agree with you about that being the bare minimum of your stake. To me it's as if the .5/.10 players are better
than the .10/.25 I am a profitable player there after about a month but I also put in a lot of volume. So your win rate yes is godlike and plan on that being consistent especially with one table

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consistent .10/.25 player and I agree with you about that being the bare minimum of your stake. To me it's as if the .5/.10 players are better
than the .10/.25 I am a profitable player there after about a month but I also put in a lot of volume. So your win rate yes is godlike and plan on that being consistent especially with one table

So you think he can keep his current win rate up over the long term??? :confused:

Slawa1986

Slawa1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing cash 0,02/0,04. This limit is enough to vyhodit plus 4-5 dollars for 3 hours of play!! It is not enough!!! So I moved on to limit 0,10/0,25. Here is when I lost all my bankroll!!!)))))) So again, back to the old limits.)))))

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All rooms are different, and whilst all micro stakes games 25nl and under play largely the same, there will be slight differences.

I have seen some rooms where 5nl is full of nits and 25nl is full of gamblers and vise versa.

I would say keep doing what works for you. if 1 tabling 25nl makes you more cash than multitabling 5nl then go for it. Just be aware there are 2 variables here so it might not be that you are better at 25nl than 5nl. It is more likely that you pay more attention the less tables you play.

I agree what somebody said about 10nl players being better than 20nl to an extent.

Where I play 10nl is a bit more nittier than 20nl. I think the reason is that people who want to just deposit and gamble on a one off basis will be more inclined to hit 20nl as they could potentially win more, hence more recreational players. Though obv a good 20nl reg will be better than a good 10nl reg.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
At the smaller stakes, your winning the small pots and losing the big ones. Your calling may be influenced by the amount of the bets. When you feel your beat, do you call because it's "only 50 cents"?

1blanqueanu1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are very few hands to draw conclusions, you can be a great player and yet the rate of long-term gains would be exaggerated. This is the simple matter of the variance. Even you can be playing bad and not know that and question has gained a lot of variance. I tend to think that confidence plays well, but do not ever be confident, study and continue to improve. On the other hand it makes no sense to say you want to play against people who play well, because where more money they make good players come from bad players, if you always play with ivey you would lose money forever, then, to play with people who play well?