Utg1: call
Utg2: call
HJ: call

Flop: 2d, Qd, 8s

(Hero) bets 12$ into a 28$ pot
Utg1: calls
Utg2: calls
HJ: 3 bets to 55$

This flop came out very dry at first i expected. Instantly i put this guy on a set or Q8 suited....I also start to think he may have J9 diamonds, or J10 diamonds etc. or Even KQ

Pot already 120-125$ and I have 78$ behind? Why couldn't I just fold i just felt this board texture was dry. Plus this guy had just made a set the hand before. I thought no way this kid flopped a set again.

I call other players fold, he shows pocket 8s and fills up on the turn.
EZ fold here?????

Also next question.

(Hero) UTG: AK suited I limp in for 3$
6 players call the Limp and the Big Blind raises it to 40$. I have 68$ behind......i figure there is absolutely no way in hell i am folding after how that action went. I put him on Ace /w big kicker or 1010 at best. I snap call All-In with 68 behind another opponent calls and he snap calls and shows JJ. JJ holds up and he wins.

Did I play this one correct? Doesn't running bad suck!

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the first hand would have felt like a pot stealing attempt to me. I think I would have called too if it was heads up, but since there had been two other callers I could have folded thinking someone was trying to lay a trap. Also, in 1/3 a 7 preflop bet is not large, so he could have even been holding two pair at that point having played a Q high hand.

On the second hand it's just a matter of if you love races or not. Some people love any race no matter if they are ahead or behind, but it's also not a race when there are other people in the hand. I think calling the original bet and seeing what the flop gave would have been the way to go.

Therottenkid

Therottenkid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the first scenario is definitely a fold, though not an easy fold! Getting top pair on the flop is always pretty solid, especially on a dry board, though I really like your initial bet. I think at this point, where everyone else has called you and buddy raises, it sets off red lights for me that maybe your queens are not good! I think I would have a lot of trouble calling, especially in such a big pot, might be a different story in a tourny.

For the second scenario, I think I am raising at least 2.5x with the AKs, especially with so many players behind, but i'd definitely snap call when buddy shoves, just like you did!

Just my fish opinion, Cheers.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not all that dry of a flop when it's multiway. You have the obvious FD and then JT/J9/T9 combos have some added equity. You don't block any of the draws. Unless you have a real GOOD read there is no reason to continue when your c-bet gets raised. From your comments it again appears that a little bit of Entitlement Tilt crept in here.

AK hand is standard short stack play - Limp in EP with top hand hoping for a raise and get it in when the raise comes.

M

MinorMisfit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand: Here is a tip for the future. Small hand, small pot. Big hand, Big pot. You only have one pair. Too many players left to act behind you as well. Sucks to fold top pair top kicker but you have to some times. Make a good fold in this tough spot and find a better spot next time. That's the beauty of cash games.

Second hand depends on the player. If he is an action player i have no problem with getting my money all in preflop against him AK. You very well may have him dominated. If he is a tight or respectable player your almost always way behind or flipping a coin at best.

Good luck!

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First hand is a fold for me. Top pair four-way in a raised pot is a pretty weak hand. If the raiser is making a move here, let them.

Second hand, I don't like open limping with AK. Losing way to much value open limping there, and will usually have to play multiway out of position after the flop. I am ok with the 3 bet shove, but you are likely flipping vs. your opponent's range. Probably get to see a flop if you open raised, and don't have to play for your stack.

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the first hand I wouldn't know what to do. I think you played well. Top pair top kicker are good most of the time. But in the same time reraise on that flop means a strong hand. And its up to you to make a quick desicion to fold.
About the second situation . I think that AK should never be played by li p. It's not a completed hand . It needs improvement which btw comes not very often. But anyway in that situation it would be going all-in anyway.

Organize a Home Poker Game Folding in Poker