1/3 nl

M

Mzepp20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Effective stack about 240. Utg limps utg 2 limps also. Folds to me in but off. Look down at Ac Js. I raise to 10. BB calls as well as utg 1 and 2. Flop comes 9h 6h 2s. Checks to me I bet 22. Only utg1 calls. Turn brings a 7c. Utg checks I bet 55. He calls. River is a 10s. Utg shoves for 105. I think for awhile and call he shows me 10 h 6c for 2 pair. I think my first mistake here was only raising to 10 with 2 limpers. Maybe a raise to 15-20? Also maybe a more like 3/4 pot turn bet gets me the win. What's tour guys opinions?

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ.

I don`t understand the first bet with an AJ, I would check, small call, or fold. This AJ hand can get you in big trouble, so the key is to keep it cheap.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The cbet on the flop is natural but i would be fine with a check back here as well...once you get called i surely dont double barrel the turn much unless i really know my opponent and his/her range. As mentioned before, dont overcommit yourself, keep it relatively cheap and get away from it if you need to.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The villain start with weak hand, and call without position, I can say that he are a weak player, but is necessary see more of his plays to confirm this.

I don't think you have play wrong the preflop, but if I was playing in you place I will prefer to check the turn and fold the river, there are no way to get involved with this unmade hand against these villain, unless you have good reads of his play style.

M

Mzepp20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I should have added that before this i seen a few of his showdowns. Witch he lost every one of them. Most were all junk hands that I never would of put even 3 bucks on

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Effective stack about 240. Utg limps utg 2 limps also. Folds to me in but off. Look down at Ac Js. I raise to 10. BB calls as well as utg 1 and 2. Flop comes 9h 6h 2s. Checks to me I bet 22. Only utg1 calls. Turn brings a 7c. Utg checks I bet 55. He calls. River is a 10s. Utg shoves for 105. I think for awhile and call he shows me 10 h 6c for 2 pair. I think my first mistake here was only raising to 10 with 2 limpers. Maybe a raise to 15-20? Also maybe a more like 3/4 pot turn bet gets me the win. What's tour guys opinions?

Who was the effective stack? What was your stack? you have AJ in the cutoff and raise to ten? what has our standard open at this table been? If I'm first to open at 1/3... 15 is generally my open if I was in position with limpers I would have either raised to 25 or folded. If it checks to me I base my decision to C bet or not based on perceived fold equity from the early position players that checked.. as played once we make it to the river I would like to know what range you had villain on to call off A high? bottom line is even without reads you're not a head of his range, and should have folded.

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it awful start to finish. If your going to try and take it down PF obviously 10$ won't do shit. Make it l8$ and guarantee the fold. You overplayed a bluff and got called down, I think what you missed here was that villian must of had a solid read on you to call you down. The call on the river is a total tilt/frustration call.

M

Mzepp20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Effective stack about 240. Utg limps utg 2 limps also. Folds to me in but off. Look down at Ac Js. I raise to 10. BB calls as well as utg 1 and 2. Flop comes jh 6h 2s. Checks to me I bet 22. Only utg1 calls. Turn brings a 7c. Utg checks I bet 55. He calls. River is a 10s. Utg shoves for 105. I think for awhile and call he shows me 10 h 6c for 2 pair. I think my first mistake here was only raising to 10 with 2 limpers. Maybe a raise to 15-20? Also maybe a more like 3/4 pot turn bet gets me the win. What's tour guys opinions?

I'm sorry guys I typed this up at work yesterday and made a typo. Flop came j 6 2 . I flopped top pair top kicker. I didn't notice I had did this until I read that I called down with ace high in a comment then I was like what's this guy talking about. Lol. Also he was effective stack. This probably makes more sense now. Also 10 was my standard open at that table. It was very soft, and my 10 opens was getting me the blinds 2 /3 times.

M

Mzepp20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do agree that I should have opened bigger with the limpers. Also what do you guys think of a bigger turn bet? Maybe to about 75?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do agree that I should have opened bigger with the limpers. Also what do you guys think of a bigger turn bet? Maybe to about 75?

I can make an argument on the turn for going for value and can make an argument for pot control. I would balance these plays. If making the bet I wold size it somewhere around 1/2 pot maybe a click up. and obviously check for pot control