.05/.1 ring game strategy

D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the winning strategy for the .05/.1 ring game simply to wait for monsters and bet the be-jeezus out of them? is it always mucking a hand like AKs if nothing hits on the flop? Does bluffing have any place in the teeny-weeny stakes NL ring game? Should I just go all-in preflop with a hand like AA or KK and hope for someone to call?

I guess these questions all boil down to - Does a winning .05/.1 ring game strategy involve any finesse? Or is it just about beating at players with a hammer until you get a caller?

I'd appreciate any advice .. thanks

B

btn1111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dumpy, my strategy in general is to play quite conservatively for a very long time until I've established a few big pots with big hands. Do that, and you'll be able to bluff with most games. However, when playing a game with such low stakes you may not be able to do that. Look at what people are winning pots with and try to get better hands than that. As a general rule, I don't bet like crazy (especially with such low stakes, because people will call and might get lucky) unless you are sure that you have the best hand. You don't necessarily need to have the nuts but you should be pretty sure that your opponent doesn't have a good hand. Also, as a general rule (general rule...I do break it sometimes though...it depends) I don't go all-in with any pocket pairs. Now of course if there's only a couple of other people at the table it'll probably be worth it, but not all the time. Wait to see if you hit anything on the flop before betting huge on the pocket pairs. Also, be wary of flush and straight draws too, you don't want to get a set of trips then go all in. At such low stakes, someone with a straight or flush draw may call that. Instead, bet enough to make them pay for the next card, that way in the long run the odds won't pay off for them. Hope my post helps and good luck at the tables.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight, and waiting for the opportunity to get involved in a nice pot. Expect anything simply because the blinds are small and some will call with just about anything.

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my strategy for the micros goes against the grain. The donks win with junk hands alot of the time. Well i"ll also play speculative hands in hopes of hitting a monster that is concealed. Obviously this strategy has you folding alot after the flop but when you do hit you get paid off nicely. If you just sit and wait for really good hands either you won't get paid off as well or you will get out drawn and then you really tilt when the hand you've been waiting for for an hour just got cracked by junk. If its cheap to see the flop, see the flop and fold if you dont hit or atleast have a good chance of drawing to a good hand.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not get too loose in the micro stakes ring games because a lot of players will also be loose. I would play tight and when I would get a big hand I would play it very aggressively. Ive seen players call all ins with aj and marginal hands, so you can get paid off with ak and big pairs most of the time. If you are on a good draw on the flop Id play it very aggressively since some people will call off all there chips with top pair and a pretty good kicker but not a great kicker.

Top 10 Games