WTF? Call or fold?

A

Aleeki

Enthusiast
Total posts
This took me completely by surprise. No real reads on Villian other than he had made some weird moves from the short time I had been at the table.

Is this a case of fold and wait for a better spot or should I call the maniac? Huge overbet so really wasn't sure what to think.

Stacks:

BTN with $62.00
SB with $210.22
BB with $99.50
UTG with $97.54
MP with $103.59
CO with $117.43

hand.pl

Site: Party Poker
Dealt to SB:2♠ A♠
Sklansky group 5
Preflop:
2 players fold.
BTN calls [$1 USD]
Hero calls [$0.50 USD]
BB checks
Total folds this street: 2
Potsize: $3
Flop:
A♦ J♠ 2♦
Hero bets [$2 USD]
BB calls [$2 USD]
BTN calls [$2 USD]
Potsize: $9
Turn:
9♣
Hero bets [$6 USD]
BB calls [$6 USD]
BTN is all-in [$59 USD] BTN does not show cards. BTN wins $78.65 USD
Hero?

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Total posts
Awards
With no real reads I can wait for a better spot to get my money in.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Fold and watch his future play closely. Could be doing this w/ AJ or trips and doesn't want anyone drawing to the flush. Could also be on the diamond FD but you'd have to have a read on him to call him.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Yeah what a bizarre bet on the turn. Might have hit his set of 9s there and shoved with the best hand hoping to catch someone with Ax.

B

Bentheman87

Total posts
This is a bizarre hand, I think he has Jack 9 here. Any reads on this guy, is he a pretty straightforward player? If so he probably has Jack 9 or maybe 22. AJ, 99, or even ace9 would probably raise preflop, 22 or j9 would limp. IDK if a set or two pair would slowplay on that flop, if he had 22 he would probably raise to shutout all the draws. Jack 9 would call and Ace 9 probably would too.

Folding in Poker