what does the villain have?

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's pretty LAG... but raising that much UTG is a little bit more than normal for him.

Also did I play this too passively?

pokerstars GAME #14707674019: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.10/$0.25) - 2008/01/20 - 21:53:47 (ET)
Table 'Dhotel' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: corllja ($13.35 in chips)
Seat 2: Tygran37 ($47.20 in chips)
Seat 3: WVU51 ($38.90 in chips)
Seat 4: hardhead21 ($18.10 in chips)
Seat 5: trooperkilla ($11.20 in chips)
Seat 6: Krassancho ($24.40 in chips)
Seat 7: reams44 ($15.55 in chips)
Seat 8: Abruel ($51.25 in chips)
Seat 9: MinRdetails ($24.40 in chips)
Tygran37: posts small blind $0.10
WVU51: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Tygran37 [Qh Qc]
hardhead21: raises $1 to $1.25
trooperkilla: folds
Krassancho: folds
reams44: folds
Abruel: folds
MinRdetails: folds
corllja: folds
Tygran37: calls $1.15

Would have normally reraised here with position and QQ but his raise threw me a little bit... I felt like there was a good chance I was up agasint KK/AA although AK wouldn't surprise me a ton either. Based on his preflop play (of which I've seen alot) I'm sure he has AK or at least an high or midhigh pp (88 at the worst). Basically his raises for the most part have been almost like clockwork, standard is $1. The few times he bumps it up he has a better than normal hand.

WVU51: folds
*** FLOP *** [9s 7d Jc]
Tygran37: bets $2
hardhead21: calls $2

Kinda a feeler bet..that's a pretty good flop. I expect to be reraised with KK or AA. His flat call made me feel he's probably on an AK.

*** TURN *** [9s 7d Jc] [As]
Tygran37: checks
hardhead21: checks

Really did not like seeing the ace. But then he checked behind.

*** RIVER *** [9s 7d Jc As] [8h]
Tygran37: checks
hardhead21: bets $10.25
Tygran37: ???

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK or a set. Either way I'd say you're beat.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO I find LAG players to overvalue most PP and his check on the turn and his bet on the river shows me his holding is 10-10 and a fold is in order here.

Last edited:
Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a ton of interest in this one it looks like.

Basically by the time I got to the river just about every hand he could possibly have in my estimation beat mine. I called his tens in chat before I folded and he showed em.

Should have been more aggressive early although I may have lost it all if I had against this guy as he will call down light.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would have normally reraised here with position and QQ but his raise threw me a little bit... I felt like there was a good chance I was up agasint KK/AA although AK wouldn't surprise me a ton either. Based on his preflop play (of which I've seen alot) I'm sure he has AK or at least an high or midhigh pp (88 at the worst). Basically his raises for the most part have been almost like clockwork, standard is $1. The few times he bumps it up he has a better than normal hand.

I think you've gotta raise here, if for nothing more than getting information and narrowing your range if not picking up the pot right here. If he's super-aggressive and you're willing to call him down and going for value when he bets that's one thing. But just know that a lot of the time an A or K is coming on the flop and then you don't know if you're up against JJ or A9 or AK. I just think you have to come over the top preflop. If you get a call you can narrow the range to a high PP (but most likely not AA or KK) or else AK, but again this all depends on the opponent. QQ though is the 3rd best hand in poker, don't see how you can simply call a PF raise just because it's an extra 25 cents.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you've gotta raise here, if for nothing more than getting information and narrowing your range if not picking up the pot right here. If he's super-aggressive and you're willing to call him down and going for value when he bets that's one thing. But just know that a lot of the time an A or K is coming on the flop and then you don't know if you're up against JJ or A9 or AK. I just think you have to come over the top preflop. If you get a call you can narrow the range to a high PP (but most likely not AA or KK) or else AK, but again this all depends on the opponent. QQ though is the 3rd best hand in poker, don't see how you can simply call a PF raise just because it's an extra 25 cents.

I don't disagree at all. What threw me was every single time I had seen him raise that amount he had QQ, KK, AA or AK. And I had seen him do it enough times for it to spook me. All in all I'm not too upset since I didn't lose that much but you are right I should have reraised. But yes I was too passive here.