What do you do with AA here?

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I don't post much around here, but I would like feedback on this hand with aces that bugged me. Wasn't on the table for long, no big reads on re-raiser or caller.

pokerstars Game #15611480812: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2008/02/28 - 13:04:42 (ET)

Table 'Edda II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: txiago ($14.70 in chips)
Seat 2: CamilloMc ($18.20 in chips)
Seat 3: iznak ($9.85 in chips)
Seat 4: SKEETER4U ($42.45 in chips)
Seat 5: exter41 ($11.05 in chips)
Seat 6: Savio1981 ($7.85 in chips)
exter41: posts small blind $0.05
Savio1981: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to txiago [Ah Ac]
txiago: raises $0.30 to $0.40
CamilloMc: calls $0.40
iznak: folds
SKEETER4U: folds
exter41: calls $0.35
Savio1981: folds
*** FLOP *** [2d 7d 6c]
exter41: bets $0.40
txiago: raises $1.30 to $1.70
CamilloMc: raises $2.20 to $3.90
exter41: calls $3.50
txiago: ????????

What are their ranges here? I had my thoughts, but I want to hear yours first...

Oh, finished the session up 2 buy-ins, after 300 or so hands, thanks to the biggest fish I've ever caught. Oh boy 20 bucks!! =)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what their ranges are but I'm folding. Could both be on draws (flush and/or straight) or one could have a 2pair type hand. So either your currently behind or your a dog to lose in the end. Unless we know for sure that 1 and preferably both are total idiots we have to fold. Sucks.

B

bw07507

Legend
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what their ranges are but I'm folding. Could both be on draws (flush and/or straight) or one could have a 2pair type hand. So either your currently behind or your a dog to lose in the end. Unless we know for sure that 1 and preferably both are total idiots we have to fold. Sucks.

I think I have to agree with WVH here, I think one of them has got to have a set.

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
set miners hit one.. possible flush draw calls..

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Total posts
Chips
A set makes alot of sense because the board is so dry.

I would shove and regret it later because that is one of my biggest leaks, overvalueing overpairs.

Fold here.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a set smooth calls here, NOT re-raises you. The draw is possible, but I think he called your pf raise with a mid-upper pair. I'm of the opinion you need to 3 bet here.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Total posts
Chips
NL$10 players dont know the meaning of smooth call. Its more like "oogaa bogga, set, all in" IMO

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
Well, seems to me your opinions are almost unanimous... except for dj11's. I really don't think that guy calls two bets cold there with a set, especially because of flush and OES draws (then again he might not even notice them, since it is 10NL).

When he raises me, I put him on 22, 66, 77 or 76s (now that I think about it, maybe combo draw like 89s for the flush and straight draws, though he might just call with that). I didn't really think he'd reraise with TT on the flop or something, these guys tend to just call there, which I think is pretty awful. I'm pretty sure I beat the SB though. He either has a flush draw and tried to block bet to get a free card with his 1/3 pot bet or he wanted to know where the other two of us stood with a 7 or something. After the call I'm pretty sure about flush draw.

Which puts me on a pretty tough position. Raiser's range beats me entirely, and even if I'm wrong, which is very possible, and decide to shove/reraise, making him fold, caller will very likely call me with a draw since he's made sure to let us know he won't fold it after calling two bets cold. So, in my head, either I'm crushed against raiser, or I'm about a 2 to 1 against caller! Not a very good spot to be in in my opinion...

So, considering all this, I decided the best move was to just fold here and wait for better spots. I got to see their cards since they went to showdown.

RESULTS: Guess what?? I was completely wrong. Bad for me to trust logical hand reading on these limits. Caller somehow decided his J7 was good on a 267K board with tons of action and reraiser was on QQ. I guess dj11 is the only smart one around here. =) I would have tripled my stack on this hand had I played it to showdown. I would have folded again though, I only win that hand like 15% of the time from my experience. Feel free to comment on my thoughts.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Total posts
Chips
pretty godd self analysis of the situation. +rep

M

Mr Chips

Total posts
Chips
At those blind levels you could be dealing with anything here, As shown here its really a mine field playing at these limits. as a dedicated poker player your training yourself to really be able to read and assess other dedicated poker players hands, and play at a much higher level.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Total posts
Chips
Wow. You'll notice I left myself this out "Unless we know for sure that 1 and preferably both are total idiots we have to fold." We now know for sure. 2 notes added so you'll know better the next time, top off with chips and drool over the possibilities.

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
To be honest I put him on an over pair as well.

Player A - 88
Player B - JJ
You - AA

Am I correct?