What to do?

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate this. It was only my third hand at the table so no idea how loose or tight the table is. Did I do the right thing in laying this down even if it a micro table?

pokerstars Game #4747177969: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2006/04/26 - 01:39:36 (ET)
Table 'Mimas III' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 2: chucklz2005 ($1.41 in chips)
Seat 3: titans4ever ($1.97 in chips)
Seat 4: astro222 ($4.96 in chips)
Seat 5: Finnish1 ($2.10 in chips)
Seat 7: wolfroad ($1.98 in chips)
Seat 8: bohut ($1.21 in chips)
Seat 9: Whizzetone ($6.39 in chips)
astro222: posts small blind $0.01
Whizzetone said, "it doesnt trust me"
hidetheflush leaves the table
Finnish1: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to titans4ever [Js Jc]
wolfroad: calls $0.02
Finnish1 said, "?"
bohut: calls $0.02
Whizzetone: folds
Finnish1 said, "I don't understand your dialect"
chucklz2005: raises $0.10 to $0.12
titans4ever: raises $0.12 to $0.24
astro222: calls $0.23
Whizzetone said, "i have had my aces beat by a jack 5 after raising"
Finnish1: raises $1.86 to $2.10 and is all-in
wolfroad: folds
bohut: folds
chucklz2005: calls $1.29 and is all-in
astro222 said, "called luck"
Finnish1 said, "if you play right eventually u will profit"
titans4ever: folds
astro222: calls $1.86
Finnish1 said, "this play here is probably not smart"
*** FLOP *** [Qs 9d 8s]
*** TURN *** [Qs 9d 8s] [Qh]
*** RIVER *** [Qs 9d 8s Qh] [7d]
Whizzetone is disconnected
*** SHOW DOWN ***
astro222: shows [6s 6c] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
Finnish1: shows [Ah 8h] (two pair, Queens and Eights)
Finnish1 collected $1.33 from side pot
chucklz2005: mucks hand
Finnish1 collected $4.31 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $5.89 Main pot $4.31. Side pot $1.33. | Rake $0.25
Board [Qs 9d 8s Qh 7d]
Seat 2: chucklz2005 mucked [As Jh]
Seat 3: titans4ever (button) folded before Flop
Seat 4: astro222 (small blind) showed [6s 6c] and lost with two pair, Queens and Sixes
Seat 5: Finnish1 (big blind) showed [Ah 8h] and won ($5.64) with two pair, Queens and Eights
Seat 7: wolfroad folded before Flop
Seat 8: bohut folded before Flop
Seat 9: Whizzetone folded before Flop (didn't bet)

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
titans4ever said:
I hate this. It was only my third hand at the table so no idea how loose or tight the table is.
Chances are it wouldn't be very tight.

titans4ever said:
Did I do the right thing in laying this down even if it a micro table?
No, you might be behind, you might not, but for a chance to turn $2 into $6, it's worth a look.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four steps to success!

1) Fold, as you did.

2) Add astro and Finn to buddy list.

3) Make respective "overplays low pocket pairs preflop" and "overplays suited Ax preflop" notes.

4) Play with and profit!

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to call two all-ins with Pocket Jacks because chances are one or both players have at least one overcard. It was a good fold even though you would have won. I hope you beat them good in hands that followed.

Xandit

Xandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a solid laydown in my opinion. It's not an easy laydown, even at micro limits. After 2 all in's I would have done the same thing. Well played.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One all-in I would have gone for it, but like t1riel said, it's hard to call 2 all-ins with pocket jacks. One might have a low to medium pair, but the other nearly always has an ace/king in their hand. A good laydown IMO

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Four steps to success!

1) Fold, as you did.

2) Add astro and Finn to buddy list.

3) Make respective "overplays low pocket pairs preflop" and "overplays suited Ax preflop" notes.

4) Play with and profit!
What this man says! ^-^ That was a good lay-down (though difficult). The only thing you need to do is sit tight with these two and wait for the right hand and--DING-DING-DING-DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :D

P

pokerbrat0582

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You definetly did the right thing by laying that down. You shouldnt even call all ins with QQs!!! Its hard b/c it is low limits and you are so tempted to call but kudos for folding. You cant win every hand and you will fold and flop a monster but play your game and eventually you will get paid off!! Brush it off and get back to your game and I agree 100% about adding those guys to your buddy list!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ended up distributing over $10 to the two donkeys over the next hour. Reloaded with $3 3 times. Went 0-4 with AA and KK (was all-in preflop with them each time). Was getting great cards and just run over by these two. Once caught a 4 card flush, flopped 3 of a kind, and one got two pair against me. I was feeding them and they kept giving it away to the rest of the table. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figured after the third time it was just not my day to take these two out. I left after the last time my KK fell to K 10 (offsuit no less) when he hit 10 10 on the flop.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll get'em next time titan! Similar thing happened to me last night. Was playing 5c/10c on PS and had two donks raising with nothing all the time. So one of them goes all in before the flop and I call with QQ. Well the bastard hit his A and took half my stack (he went all in with A8 just like your guy). Couple hands later I had AK, raised 3XBB, the two donks called me so we see the flop. K 10 6 rainbow. I go all in (only top pair top kicker but with these guys I figure its the best hand) loser calls Turn and river come club club for a flush for the villain. Ok I can take that, get'em next time but he starts gloating and saying how good he is and his donk buddy starts in about the great play and how mine was so stupid. Arrrgh! I wanted to reach through the screen and throttle them!!!!:mad:

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very solid laydown with the JJ, i personally probably would have called - these 1c/2c players overvalue ANY ace, especially when suited (as was demonstrated with your example)
But with 2 players raising and pushing, its a toughy but i think you made the correct strategic play.
Better luck next time; it sounds like it was just one of those days where the donkeys' loose style just got the better of you. I know you're a smart player and if you play like you normally do (and keep making great laydowns like that), then you'll profit big time in the long run.