weird hand

S

spyrous21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys.I have started playing in the micro stakes no limit holdem (0,01$-0.02$)
I just want to share with you a hand that really confused me when i review it.
Full ring game,i am standing in the HJ with Ad7d.The player from utg made an open to 0.04 and i decided to flat call.SB also calls
The flop is JcAsTd.SB checks,UTG checks and i decide to lead with a 0.07 bet to 0.14 pot.SB calls and UTG folds.The turn is Kd which coordinates the board more and it is giving me the nut flush draw.SB checks and i bet half the pot (i think it is good to play a pair and a flush draw agressively) (14 cents into 28 cents pot).SB calls.The river is Ten of hearts.My plan for the river was that if he makes a good bet i fold and if he makes a small bet i call.Instead,he checks.Ok,my first thought was to check back but i realised that now,because the board is paired i should not worry about my kicker because if he had any ace it would be a chop,also i beat him if he has a 2nd pair (king).It did not make sense that he calls flop and turn with a ten,or with a jack,neither that he checks the river with a 10,a straight or a two pair or a set.I decided to fire a 30 cents bet into 56cents pot.And then..he shoved.I fold.I want you to tell me guys the mistakes that i made in this hand.I am a new player and i am willing to learn a lot about this game

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello guys.I have started playing in the micro stakes no limit holdem (0,01$-0.02$)
I just want to share with you a hand that really confused me when i review it.
Full ring game,i am standing in the HJ with Ad7d.The player from utg made an open to 0.04 and i decided to flat call.SB also calls
The flop is JcAsTd.SB checks,UTG checks and i decide to lead with a 0.07 bet to 0.14 pot.SB calls and UTG folds.The turn is Kd which coordinates the board more and it is giving me the nut flush draw.SB checks and i bet half the pot (i think it is good to play a pair and a flush draw agressively) (14 cents into 28 cents pot).SB calls.The river is Ten of hearts.My plan for the river was that if he makes a good bet i fold and if he makes a small bet i call.Instead,he checks.Ok,my first thought was to check back but i realised that now,because the board is paired i should not worry about my kicker because if he had any ace it would be a chop,also i beat him if he has a 2nd pair (king).It did not make sense that he calls flop and turn with a ten,or with a jack,neither that he checks the river with a 10,a straight or a two pair or a set.I decided to fire a 30 cents bet into 56cents pot.And then..he shoved.I fold.I want you to tell me guys the mistakes that i made in this hand.I am a new player and i am willing to learn a lot about this game
Hello ! Welcome back to the forum ! https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-a-new-ebook-training-course-455641/

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that with your hand on that board, checking behind the river is a preferable play.

S

spyrous21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that with your hand on that board, checking behind the river is a preferable play.
Okay i agree with you.But now that i have review my hand multiple times i think checking the turn is better because the king of diamonds is one of the best hands for my opponents range.I would start from that and if it went check-check in the turn and he checks again the river i would bet

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Pre flop flat call from the hj position is good, if players behind you, aren't aggressive, if opponents are aggressive behind you and often play 3bet pre flop a7s on this position is a fold pre flop. Ok, you saw the flop, all players check to you. When utg position check it means usually a weakness and give up his hand. Very rarely he will slow play something. You play bet on the flop, but player from the small doesn't give up his hand and we should be careful, because players from the small blind usually call pre flop better hand than players on defending big blind. On the turn come even good card for us that help us a little, but on the turn complete the straight, so I'm not sure if bet on turn card is right move. As played on the river - I think you made a good fold. I understand this fold. I probably play like hero on the river, bet and fold when opponent shove. In conclusion I think that you played this hand not bad. GL :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands