guidosrun calls [$3.50]
UTG+1 folds
** Dealing Turn ** [Potsize: $12.25]
4c.gif
:4c4:
Hero checks
guidosrun bets [$16.60, and is all in]
Hero ???

My read on opponent is that he is chasing the flush as he has made this exact same play twice before now and lost both times. If opponent had made the flush he would have checked to make his move on the river.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering, why aren't you 3-betting AK PF?

D

Dr_Dick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two clubs..87,76, maybe even 65...he pushes because he does not want to see another club come out. All of these hands a LAG calls preflop and calls a 2/3 pot postflop bet.

There are obviously other holdings that have you beat, but the above would really put you in a bind. I don't see villain pushing his 2 pair or set into this turn. I also don't see him pushing the KQ high flush, etc.

So the question, do you think AK is good here? You have to pay $16.60 to collect a $45.45 pot and you could be drawing dead.

Me, I surrender my $5 and applaud LAG for making a great play. I then adjust how I play AKo with a LAG three seats behind me.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet preflop.

Is your read based on the actual outcome or is that what you thought when he pushed?

I mean if he showed you his cards and he only had a single club you call every time, so if you trust your read call. If you're wrong and he has the flush your done.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your other mistake besides not raising preflop is checking the turn, What do you really accomplish by not betting the turn.
Not betting the turn shows extreme weakness, your flop bet also was too low as you gave villian proper odds to chase his flush.
As Dr Dick has stated in his last sentence, fold now and save yourself some money.
You had also stated that villian likes to chase the flush and probably has hit it here, don't chance the call when facing a flushy board against a known flush chaser.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really like to 3-bet AKo in EP, most of the time you won't hit the flop and in EP I like to just flat call w/ AKo. AKs I will 3-bet as the flop can help us a lot more. My actual thought was that he hadn't hit the flush yet and was just playing the typical short stack AI move. The previous 2 hands that he had done this with were exactly the same, he had pushed on either the flop or the turn, been called and didn't hit his flush and then rebought for $15. I did play this hand too passively.

I called and opponent was indeed 4-flushed but hit on the river.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're not 3-betting AK to hit the flop & play a big pot. We're 3-betting AK to take the pot preflop, right now! Unless you're playing against an opponent who you know limps every ace he's dealt, lets not play AK for implied odds. Also, you say you don't want to three bet AK in early position, but by 3-betting we ensure that it is less likely for players to call behind us! Thus 3-betting *gets us position*!

Had you 3-bet AK PF, you could easily be all in on the flop, and you wouldn't have to worry about this silly little decision either. You'd already be all in (or so close to it, that the turn decision would be automatic).

We're ahead or even money with every hand but AA & KK. Play the hand accordingly and get some money in the pot while you're ahead! 3-betting makes post flop play easier, earns us money without seeing a flop, and gives us a much more aggressive image.

Three bet AYCE KANG, ARRRRHHHGHGHHHH1!!~~~ONEONEONEONE`

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet more often OOP. It will help negate your positional disadvantage. I 3bet this hand at least 99.9% of the time.

Full Flush Poker