TP RR All-in

tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last time I saw my opponent push all-in versus me he had TP and medium kicker calling a 3BB PR (but donked my $5 with a paired board on river).
No extensive reads or reads on PF play.

So what would you do here?

pokerstars Game #11745702322: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2007/08/28 - 19:27:28 (ET)
Table 'Lalage' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Silverado04 ($9.12 in chips)
Seat 2: Shark Huh ($2.57 in chips)
Seat 3: tonymaclenna ($21.28 in chips)
Seat 5: aznbluff1029 ($1.75 in chips)
Seat 6: boogerdad ($5.86 in chips)
Seat 7: pete91stang ($4.95 in chips)
Seat 9: JDVegas5 ($5.65 in chips)
pete91stang: posts small blind $0.02
JDVegas5: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tonymaclenna [Kd Jd]
Silverado04: calls $0.05
Shark Huh: folds
tonymaclenna: raises $0.10 to $0.15
aznbluff1029: folds
boogerdad: folds
jonprelude joins the table at seat #4
pete91stang: folds
JDVegas5: calls $0.10
Silverado04: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [Jh 6c 2s]
JDVegas5: checks
Silverado04: bets $0.45
tonymaclenna: raises $0.60 to $1.05
JDVegas5: folds
Silverado04: raises $7.92 to $8.97 and is all-in

A

ajrenni722

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to fold here. He led with a pot-sized bet into 2 players, including the pre-flop raiser, so he is less likely to be bluffing, and your stack is too deep to like calling an all-in 3-bet like that. There are no draws, so my guess is that he has a set or AJ.

I have to say I'm not a big fan of either the pre-flop or the flop raise.

Pre-flop, in early position I might overlimp at a loose-passive table. If I flop top pair, maybe I can get some donk to call down with a worse pair; if not maybe I can steal a small pot that no one wants after the flop. Also, I am deep enough that I have huge implied odds if I flop a big hand or draw. Raising here only bloats the pot when you have a few players with position on you left to act, and most of the hands that call you will have you beat, if not crushed. If I were going to raise, it would be because (a) I think Silverado is a total fish who is limping UTG with garbage and (b) I am pretty sure that everyone behind me will fold. I would raise to .25 for the opportunity to go heads up in position with a fish. Your raise is so small that you are really inviting calls.

As for the flop raise, I don't think it would fold AJ. If your opponent is trying to push you off with air or a smaller pair, a raise will probably make him fold, which you don't want. I would call the flop bet and reevaluate on the turn.

TheJace

TheJace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind the preflop raise with KJs as it is still a top 10 hand. But his all-in overbet is representing a lot of strength that I don't think is worth the risk with just top pair. Maybe his overbet is a bluff but then on the other hand the vast majority of the time I think he probably has you beat here, easy fold in my opinion.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its 5NL, you saw him push tp with weak kicker, id go ahead and call.

I

inverted

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop is terrible, atleast raise to .25c, or fold playing a pot with 5-6 ppl oop with KJ is going to burn money.

I

inverted

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As is call based on read, readless you have 2 options a) call this one for information on future shoves, b) fold this time call next time