Tough spot from the button?>

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1-$2 NLH. 100 BBs effective Hero button raises 3bbs with A4s. Only the BB calls. Flop is A J 7rb. Hero calls V bet. Turn is an A. V bets and called. River is a blank. V bets makes a pot sized bet. Call with your trips or make a possible bad fold?

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Call and pray to the gods you win or share the pot. How does it end?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see a fold here, when your kicker dont even play. There are no real draws on that board, so what do we think, he is leading out with and then barreling both turn and river other than the last ace or a set? Or course its also read dependent. If the opponent is a total maniac, then we can close our eyes, make the call and hope to get shown some random airball bluff.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
V could've been trying to induce me to fold a weak ace since I have a TAG style. Otoh, I didn't observe any maniacal tendencies so I ended up mucking the river.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Std call here. Donking the turn is kind of the main lead on why you should call, coupled w/ the fact you're going to split a lot of the time, and pick off some random stupid bluffs a % of the time. If villain was trying to max value on this texture, he should have CR at some point. Either that or he's really bad, and that's where reading your opponent comes in. The line he took creates one of the lowest EV outcomes for his range. The only time I'd consider folding is if I consider him to be extremely bad at poker, and at a 1/2 live game, it's highly possible.

Without a strong read, it should be a call.