* * SB calls [$29.90] Hero shows :
* * A♠ K♠
* * SB shows :
* * A♥ A♣
* * Potsize: $120.8
River:
* * K♣
* * Hero shows a full house, Kings full of Sixes
* * SB shows two pair, Aces and Kings Hero wins the pot ($117.80) with a full house, Kings full of Sixes

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

This was like the 6th hand I played at this table, I was giving some action since I sat down so I thought villian might have picked up on this. Anyway, preflop was an easy call I was getting well over 2:1 (of course if I knew his hand I would have folded). He bet flop, here I put him on AQ suited in diamonds, AJ suited in diamonds, or QQ-JJ. On the turn when he bet, I didn't really think long enough I just shoved, figuring realistically the only hand that beats me here is AA. But looking over the hand after it happened, really the only hands that make sense here are AA or KQ. And even though I won this pot I feel disappointed and feel like this was a loss since I was just about dead when all the $ went in. Could I really have gotten away from this postflop?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rigged, imo.
Post-flop it is pretty weaksauce to be stacking with TPTK after your initial raise pre flop was re raised. I do not think I am shoving the turn here. The turn I might go into the tank and make a bad call, hoping to hit the river hard.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Post-flop it is pretty weaksauce to be stacking with TPTK after your initial raise pre flop was re raised."

Pair of kings with an ace kicker really?!? Hitting a Queen with AQ or a Jack with AJ I can understand getting away from since there are more overpairs that can beat you, but on this flop really only one hand beats me, AA do I really give him credit and fold on the turn?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is just that from my experience, this situation rarely turns out well.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't think that I could have gotten away from it after the flop but after looking through my stats in PokerTracker I have found that One Pair is by far my biggest losing hand and most of those losses are hands exactly like this where I hit an A or K with AK and stack off. Burrito is right that these situations rarely end well, even at $10NL where I'm playing.

You just have to think of what this guy might have to be re raising you before the flop, leading out after the flop, then firing a second barrel on the turn. If he had QQ or JJ he would likely lead out on the flop and then give up on the turn. If you really think about it the only hands this guy is going to be doing this with is AA, KK or AK. I'm not saying you made an awful play because I probably would've lost it all here too but I've found that is a major leak in my game that I need to fix, since the blinds aren't increasing you can wait for a better spot to get all your chips in.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
royalburrito24, your post seems EXTREMELY biased due to results. I do not think you would have said the same thing if you did not know the other person had AA.

Which brings me to Bentheman87, if you want a true and honest evaluation of your hand, do NOT post the results. Let people make comments when there is a tough decision THEN post results after enough people have gave you their opinion.

:)

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
royalburrito24, your post seems EXTREMELY biased due to results. I do not think you would have said the same thing if you did not know the other person had AA.

Agreed. But I do stand by my second statement where I said that these situations rarely end well.

I also forgot to add to my original post. Why aren't we raising on the flop? By flat calling, we have no idea where we stand in the hand. If we make a re raise, we can now get an even better read on your opponent. If villain shoves after your raise, you can pretty much assume that he has AK or AA, possibly a pissed off QQ, but unlikely.
If we get flat called we can assume we either have the best hand or are splitting this pot.
A fold is what it is.
Again what I just said was pretty biased, but thats what happens when the OP posts results.