Should I lay this down?

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #5055799226: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2006/05/26 - 03:48:15 (ET)
Table 'Happelia' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: antemore ($4 in chips)
Seat 3: Arkwalk ($8.58 in chips)
Seat 4: The KBA ($0.91 in chips)
Seat 5: sokerkid44 ($5.10 in chips)
Seat 6: snake123 ($4.29 in chips)
Seat 7: Usual1 ($7.92 in chips)
Seat 8: cobrafreak46 ($4.66 in chips)
Seat 9: titans4ever ($4.66 in chips)
sokerkid44: posts small blind $0.02
snake123: posts big blind $0.05
antemore: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to titans4ever [Jh Ac]
Usual1: folds
cobrafreak46: raises $0.10 to $0.15
titans4ever: calls $0.15
antemore: folds
Arkwalk: calls $0.15
The KBA: calls $0.15
sokerkid44: folds
snake123: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [9c Jd 7c]
snake123: checks
cobrafreak46: checks
titans4ever: bets $0.50
Arkwalk: folds
The KBA: folds
snake123: calls $0.50
cobrafreak46: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [9c Jd 7c] [9h]
The KBA leaves the table
snake123: checks
cobrafreak46: checks
titans4ever: checks
*** RIVER *** [9c Jd 7c 9h] [7h]
snake123: bets $0.15
cobrafreak46: raises $0.35 to $0.50
titans4ever: ?
The rest later......

I had two pair w/ best kicker but two callers, turn gives a scare card and river gives me another. Is this an easy laydown?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd lay this down so fast there's a chance the cards would ram through the table. The ONLY time I would consider calling is when I know that the raiser is a compulsive bluffer, and then I'd have to have position - which you do not. The first guy to bet can still re-raise.

Lay it down. In the odd event that you actually did have the best hand, it's at least not a huge pot you're losing.

By the way, bet this turn.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree Totally
With pair on board possible full house or four of a kind or flush.... real easy lay down

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call. Costs you 50cents to win $3 on the river.
If you call and are raised, then fold.

No bets on the turn when the 9 pairs.
small bets on the river when the 7 pairs.
Take this to showdown if you can. The jacks are probably good, as they play their Ace high hoping for a split.

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the board pairs on the flop, unless I hit a set (and the board pair gives me a boat), or my cards match the flopped pair, i'm out.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with Fish here. You should have bet on the turn though in my opinion. Your opponents were showing weakness when the second 9 came up. Sure, it could have been a check-raise set up, but it also could have been donks trying to catch their flush or straight draw for cheap. More aggression on the turn probably would have won you this pot.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call, against 1 opponent. But you're up against 2 and Snake hasn't had a chance to react to Cobras reraise. You're being squeezed. Bow out, you're probably beat anyway.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four Dogs said:
I would call, against 1 opponent. But you're up against 2 and Snake hasn't had a chance to react to Cobras reraise. You're being squeezed. Bow out, you're probably beat anyway.
In hind site I should have bet it out on the turn. I was trying to save on the check/raise and see the river first but I lost my chance to take it down there. Then when they did that on the river I knew one of them had more than me. You guessed it, I folded and Snake reraised all-in and cobra folded so I am sorry but I can't tell you what either had. I knew enough that if I put in my 50 in I may as well be ready to put the rest in.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fish said:
Call. Costs you 50cents to win $3 on the river.
If you call and are raised, then fold.

No bets on the turn when the 9 pairs.
small bets on the river when the 7 pairs.
Take this to showdown if you can. The jacks are probably good, as they play their Ace high hoping for a split.
No bets on the turn when the 9 pairs: No, because they checked to the guy who bet the flop. You know how people like to slowplay; hoping for Titans to bet this hand for them. But unfortunately, he didn't bet, he checked behind.

So now comes the river and the slowplayer has the nuts. Since no one bet the turn behind him, he draws the conclusion that no one really has anything and it's extremely unlikely that he'll get a pot size bet called. Hence, a min-bet. (I'm not a fan of minimum bets myself in these cases, but a lot of people are).

If we were closing the action, I like a call. Here, I don't like it at all.

Osmann

Osmann

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I see the problem with this river is we are not closing the action and there are more than 1 person in the pot with us. We need to win around 1 in 8 times for this call just to be breakeven, and I don't think we are even close to that with a bet and a raise infront of us. Had the first player bet .50 and 2nd player folded, I would always make the call.
In order to win here both the players have to be bluffing and that's not very likely.