Question about a draw hand

R

rysmith504

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Game is $1/$3 nlthe. villain 1 raises to $15 from utg. Hijack and lojack flat. Hero calls on the button with 6s8s. Villain 2 in small blind calls. Pot now 78

Flop comes 9s10s2c.
Checks to villain1 who bets 60. Hero calls with 6s8s. Flopping a straight flush draw. Flush draw. And straight draw. Villain 2 calls. Pot now 258

Turn comes Ad

Villain 1 bets 110. Pot now 368.

Hero and villain 2 fold

What should the hero have done differently in this hand?

Later found out the villain 1 flopped a set of deuces and villain 2 had king high flush draw.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game is $1/$3 nlthe. villain 1 raises to $15 from utg. Hijack and lojack flat. Hero calls on the button with 6s8s. Villain 2 in small blind calls. Pot now 78

Flop comes 9s10s2c.
Checks to villain1 who bets 60. Hero calls with 6s8s. Flopping a straight flush draw. Flush draw. And straight draw. Villain 2 calls. Pot now 258

Turn comes Ad

Hero and villain 2 fold

Later found out the villain 1 flopped a set of deuces and villain 2 had king high flush draw.
all in on the flop.

Wiltz82

Wiltz82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to say all in on the flop with looking at what is in my hand and what flopped on the table I would risk the chance of winning that hand

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
68s is not a good hand to call a 5x bb in my opinion. You mainly rely on straight draws and flush draw which in both cases you might not be in good shape at flop, with the villains being aggressive, you would be in bad shape facing their c-bet.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't of been in the hand to begin with that holding, but as played you could of possibly raised the flop and folded to a jam. because on the flop you have 8 high, but with a nice bit of equity in theory. this exact hand you were drawing pretty thin to a gutter and a miracle 7s, so 5 clean outs.

Dusan

Dusan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am reminded of players who insist on betting or calling on the come; that is, to bet/call that the next card will improve their hand. I listen to their arguments, nodding in agreement, but I simply do not play that kind of poker unless the odds are in my favor. For me to draw to a straight or flush I got to have at least a pot that is 5x the amount the bet I have to call. I figure the odds for every card I draw, and if the odds are not favorable, I fold. This doesn't sound very friendly. But what's friendly about poker? It's a cutthroat game at best.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would have folded pre-flop

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Definitely a fold preflop for me, but I can be a chicken sometimes.
images

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would come all in on the flop, just call, bigger pairs, I would buy the idea of being with 999, or T, T, T with this you have both ends to get nuts in case of call, it's a complicated hand in fact if you play against many players, but as you chose, I think it would be best to have all flopped when you have both ends.

P

Pokerchat8888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6s 8s is a tempting hand to play at the bottom but I think shouldn't be played

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the right conditions (SB and BB are not likely to 3 Bet, players in the pot are deep stacked ~ 200 BB or more). I can see flatting in position here with 68 suited.

On the flop I would raise pot and as everyone has ~ 200 BB I still have enough left to put a decent turn bet in and put pressure on better draws. Who knows bottom set might even consider folding.

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That hand should hit the muck faster than Usain Bolt sprinting a 100m dash ;) :)

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre.

Raise flop and get it in.

I like folding turn.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless the villain was a fish you really wanted to get into a hand with folding pre-flop with 2 players in the hand with such a speculative hand *even tho in position*. I like folding pre. Table dynamics are a big factor here tho

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Flop comes 9s10s2c.

Turn comes Ad

Hero and villain 2 fold

Many times big raises like that can mean he has not just your draw beat but another pair or something else. I would assume I would likely get beat making my flush draw, the straight flush draw chances were too weak and an insider is too weak to call on too.

I like suited one gappers more when they are higher.

good fold.

W

weirdline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the call pre-flop is OK if you're deep enough with a couple of the villains. If you are much less than 100BB deep, you aren't getting the implied odds to call. You'll end up having to fold on the flop very often.

On the flop, you have quite a bit of equity. It's hard to know what to do here without knowing stack sizes.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands