Quad Aces - could I have got more value?

C

chrisash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Game #5346312064: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/08/08 - 19:08:23 (UK)
Table "Anatolefrance" Seat 3 is the button.
Seat 1: chrisash ($51.85 in chips)
Seat 2: Fopecas ($14 in chips)
Seat 3: PHILLI14 ($41.18 in chips)
Seat 4: HugovB ($32.70 in chips)
Seat 5: MR.RK ($70.48 in chips)
Seat 6: XXgertyXX ($40.30 in chips)
HugovB: posts small blind $0.25
MR.RK: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to chrisash [3s Ac]
XXgertyXX: folds
chrisash: calls $0.50
Fopecas: folds
PHILLI14: folds
HugovB: folds
MR.RK: checks
----- FLOP ----- [Ah 7d As]
chrisash: checks
----- TURN ----- [Ah 7d As][Ad]
chrisash: bets $2
MR.RK: calls $2
----- RIVER ----- [Ah 7d As Ad][Jc]
MR.RK: bets $4
chrisash: raises to $16
MR.RK: calls $12
----- SHOW DOWN -----
chrisash: shows [3s Ac] (Four of a kind, Aces, Jack high)
MR.RK: mucks hand [Jd 3d]
chrisash collected $35.40 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $37.25 Main pot $35.40 Rake $1.85
Board [Ah 7d As Ad Jc]
Seat 1: chrisash showed [3s Ac] and won ($35.40) with Four of a kind, Aces, Jack high
Seat 2: Fopecas folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: PHILLI14 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: HugovB (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: MR.RK (big blind) mucked [Jd 3d]
Seat 6: XXgertyXX folded before Flop (didn't bet)

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apart from telling to to raise pre/flop, everything else looks fine. You got him to call a nice river bet. Dont complain, its difficult to get any money from quads.

dbitel

dbitel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold preflop

shove river (zeebo thm)

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apart from telling to to raise pre/flop, everything else looks fine. You got him to call a nice river bet. Dont complain, its difficult to get any money from quads.

fold preflop

shove river (zeebo thm)

Heh, I'm starting to see the value of converting hand histories faster by the day. Thought this was a shorthanded table.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Zeebo theorem the one that explains that people wont fold a FH, even if it's an underfull?

I've heard someone talk about this theory in a vid I watched. Do you mind explaining/expanding?

dbitel

dbitel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theorem 1: The Full House Theorem

Nobody is capable of folding a full house on any street for any sized bet, ever. Don't fool yourself into thinking they can. I'm not even referring to NUT full houses (eg. board reads 29522, if your opponent has the loan 5, they will almost always call allin; if they folded, it was likely do to timing out or a misclick). Remember: full houses aren't too common, and after all, you might be bluffing!

Ways to exploit:

If you expect someone has a full house, and you can't beat a full house never ever bluff. If you expect someone has a full house and you can beat their likely full house, go allin. Let's say the board is 29522, and you have TT or better, go allin no matter what the size of the pot is, b/c they can't fold.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theorem 1: The Full House Theorem

Nobody is capable of folding a full house on any street for any sized bet, ever. Don't fool yourself into thinking they can. I'm not even referring to NUT full houses (eg. board reads 29522, if your opponent has the loan 5, they will almost always call allin; if they folded, it was likely do to timing out or a misclick). Remember: full houses aren't too common, and after all, you might be bluffing!

Ways to exploit:

If you expect someone has a full house, and you can't beat a full house never ever bluff. If you expect someone has a full house and you can beat their likely full house, go allin. Let's say the board is 29522, and you have TT or better, go allin no matter what the size of the pot is, b/c they can't fold.

I like this, and totally agree. See this all the time.

On another note, dbitel I have read many of your posts in the HA section and I really like what you have to say. I really hope you continue to post here.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have folded full houses when on the small end , but probly called ten times as many , knowing in my heart that they were beat. if you have a good read that he has a smaller fullhouse , you might still be walking into quads.

and chris , heck no you couldn't have got any more value , imo, you got lucky someone called the $2 bet on the turn , then even luckier he caught the jack . I mean once he got that far he may have called any bet , but I think you did right and got good value with that board.

Last edited: