QQ in BB

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #10694776163: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2007/06/30 - 10:36:48 (ET)
Table 'Oenone' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Chiefer77 ($5.90 in chips)
Seat 2: nl/dirk/nl ($11.40 in chips)
Seat 3: munsterhead ($5.80 in chips)
Seat 4: Rosk79 ($22.45 in chips)
Seat 6: LosSababa ($7.95 in chips)
Seat 7: Radibor ($16.35 in chips)
Seat 8: Tomek13 ($10.15 in chips)
Seat 9: OlliN05 ($1.90 in chips)
OlliN05: posts small blind $0.05
Chiefer77: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Chiefer77 [Qd Qs]
nl/dirk/nl: folds
munsterhead: folds
Rosk79: folds
LosSababa: folds
von7thal has returned
Radibor: calls $0.10
Tomek13: folds
OlliN05: raises $0.30 to $0.40
Chiefer77: raises $0.30 to $0.70
Radibor: folds
OlliN05: calls $0.30
*** FLOP *** [9s Ah 7d]
OlliN05: bets $1.20 and is all-in

i hadn't played too many hands with him but from what i gathered he raises with the goods and seemed to be a decent player. At this point, i'm pretty sure i'm beat. i've put him on an Ace with a decent kicker. what should i do. do i lay it down or do i call and hope he's pushing with jacks or tens.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point, i'm pretty sure i'm beat.
Then lay it down. A crying call hoping you're in a better spot than you are when you know you're beat is the worst thing. But, for $1.20 more into a $1.60 pot, knowing nothing more than what you've said here, I'm likely calling. He's definitely representing the A and he just might have it.

Here's the problem...you didn't get any info with your PF minraise. A $.30 reraise is inviting him to come along, no questions asked, if he has anything reasonable (and some of the unreasonable hands as well). You're in position against a player that "raises with the goods" and is raising from the SB potentially trying to leverage his image. So if you want to know where he's at, raise more or flat call and hope for a favorable. I opt for a reraise here to $1.25. If he pushes PF, you instacall the last $.35 with jumbo pot odds and likely the best hand when the money went in. If he's a good player as you make him, he won't flat call PF, he'll push or fold. And if he's on a big A like you think, then you're money is in good PF while you're ahead. Can't ask for more than that.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then lay it down. A crying call hoping you're in a better spot than you are when you know you're beat is the worst thing. But, for $1.20 more into a $1.60 pot, knowing nothing more than what you've said here, I'm likely calling. He's definitely representing the A and he just might have it.

Here's the problem...you didn't get any info with your PF minraise. A $.30 reraise is inviting him to come along, no questions asked, if he has anything reasonable (and some of the unreasonable hands as well). You're in position against a player that "raises with the goods" and is raising from the SB potentially trying to leverage his image. So if you want to know where he's at, raise more or flat call and hope for a favorable. I opt for a reraise here to $1.25. If he pushes PF, you instacall the last $.35 with jumbo pot odds and likely the best hand when the money went in. If he's a good player as you make him, he won't flat call PF, he'll push or fold. And if he's on a big A like you think, then you're money is in good PF while you're ahead. Can't ask for more than that.

I cant add anything to this so I will just bold it.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes excellent reply JD. Must be sober right now.

Mini raise preflop was horrible.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree, the preflop minraise was horrible. i called here because the 1.20 more isn't a big hit to my BR. here's how it played.

Chiefer77: calls $1.20
*** TURN *** [9s Ah 7d] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [9s Ah 7d 2h] [2c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
OlliN05: shows [Qh Ac] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
Chiefer77: mucks hand
OlliN05 collected $3.75 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.90 | Rake $0.15
Board [9s Ah 7d 2h 2c]
Seat 1: Chiefer77 (big blind) mucked [Qd Qs]
Seat 2: nl/dirk/nl folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: munsterhead folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Rosk79 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: LosSababa folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Radibor folded before Flop
Seat 8: Tomek13 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: OlliN05 (small blind) showed [Qh Ac] and won ($3.75) with two pair, Aces and Deuces

he had the goods as i suspected.

chinababy8

chinababy8

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye you should fold your qq if u definetly know u are beat... i c so many people only who cant fold their qq jj kk when there an A on the flop :) it`s only cuz people think when they get a good hand they automaticaly will win money haha :D

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
next time just put him all-in preflop.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to work on your disipline and I think edge really meant to say that if your not willing to let go of a large PP to an over on the board you just might as well push all-in preflop

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to work on your disipline and I think edge really meant to say that if your not willing to let go of a large PP to an over on the board you just might as well push all-in preflop

Yup, plus you don't have to think about postflop decisions anymore. Presto! You'll save on the therapy fees.

He's got 19xBB only. He's going to get it all-in if he hits his Ace on the flop. You have QQ, if he's on AA,KK, reload with a smile, knowing that he did not maximize on his good hands. Preflop, you probably has got the best hand.

Just pump your fists into the air and find the all-in button PF. And min-raising is really a bad habit.

Last edited: