pocket aces should i have folded preflop

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are having doubts about your playing ability at this time you need to step back and try something different. Start playing some freerolls or start playing high buy in play chip tourneys. The ones on full tilt,(play chips), play out like some money tourneys. Hone your skills here and when you have your confidence back start making a killing at the real money tables.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope noone thinks im trying to be a jerk with my responses but i do think that folding is a possibility with this many staying in the hand. if it was just me and one other than yeah instant call but this many there is a very real chance of getting sucked out on. again im not trying to be a jerk so i hope noone takes it that way
You do have a valid point here, but what I'd like to know is what are the proper circumstances to fold A-A preflop?, How many players have to be in the hand before you really consider folding A-A preflop? And what type of game? be it a ring, Sng, or tourney and at what stage?

I was in a re-buy when I was dealt A-Kos so I made a big bet and had four callers, 3 of them going all-in on a reraise, I had thought about it, then folded, the flop came in favor of one of the other players and would have completely missed me.
I posted the HH and was considered really weak-tight for playing it that way, but there definately is a time you should fold a monster preflop, and after reading the OP, I will continue to play the way I do, if I have a great hand and there are too many players in the hand preflop, I will fold depending on the kind of game though and at what stage I'm in .

K

klynts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My god, how can you even consider folding AA preflop? You have the best preflop hand!

thwizzofoz

thwizzofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread has made me laugh more than once.

If you are going to fold pre-flop with AA against a table full of LAG's and Donks, then you likely will not get to play any hand, because you will always find a way to justify folding your hand as it won't hold or make. Might as well come back later when you feel more confident. Go play a free game and beat up on some newbies. (Its likely I will be there, and I'm generally an easy mark.) :)

p215j

p215j

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never & I repeat never, EVER fold AA preflop. EVER!

If you do just quit playing poker. You're seriously not built for the swings of the game. Just quit!

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding Pkt AAs Preflop???????

LMAO, how is that a logically question that you're asking??????? Absolutely no way in hell should you have folded the best hand preflop. That was bad luck that's it. Pkt AAs, pkt KKs & pkt QQs is a battle from the start so getting your $$$ in the pot w/ the best hand is key. Having 4 of a suit coming out on the board, was just bad luck. No need to think you should've folded preflop.

Folding in Poker