PL Omaha HL Flopped Straight Flush

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table is a typical Omaha HL at this limit with a lot of limpers and a lot of people calling down because "how can I fold I've got 4 cards" syndrome. Which to be honest is kinda why I called preflop :rolleyes:

pokerstars Game #12996685365: Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2007/11/02 - 14:54:15 (ET)
Table 'Danae V' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: BadBeat69 ($33.65 in chips)
Seat 2: homerh ($11.90 in chips)
Seat 3: Rich3161945 ($19.25 in chips)
Seat 4: GMAN09 ($22.95 in chips)
Seat 5: zwende ($15 in chips)
Seat 6: knipser11 ($7.05 in chips)
Seat 7: bullrun171 ($11 in chips)
Seat 8: mal13 ($27.30 in chips)
Seat 9: jayneseo ($6.20 in chips)
GMAN09: posts small blind $0.10
zwende: posts big blind $0.25
bullrun171: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jayneseo [Kc Js Qc 9d]
knipser11: folds
bullrun171: checks
mal13: folds
jayneseo: calls $0.25
BadBeat69: folds
homerh: folds
Rich3161945: calls $0.25
GMAN09: calls $0.15
zwende: checks
*** FLOP *** [9c Tc Jc]
GMAN09: checks
zwende: bets $0.50
bullrun171: calls $0.50
jayneseo: ?

How do I get the most money possible here?

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think just calling to see what happens on the turn. If there was a low draw you should bet the pot to make them pay to draw but with this flop you will be winning the whole pot no matter what comes. You are really hoping someone has the A high flush. If someone bets the turn I say raise unless the board pairs, which would lead people to believe you have a full house. Unless it gets bet and raised then someone else may have a full house and you should get paid off nice by reraising. I think the goal here is to keep 1 or 2 in but I wouldn't wait until the river to raise because at this level someone will likely pay you will less than the nuts. I think all is up to how strong you feel the others in hands are and if they will call a reraise. I hope this makes sense and helps I kind of seems like rambling.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there will be no low and you can't be counterfeited -- pray someone has an ace flush and call/call/pot raise river.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it matters too much how you play it. Either someone has the A-high flush or lower straight flush and will pay you off, or they don't. I probably raise flop to disguise the times when I'm raising with the naked Ace. Also, the Ace-high flush isn't going to go totally crazy on this board, because a straight flush isn't that unlikely, so you need to be raising somewhere before the river.

Another way to get paid off would be if the board pairs and someone boats up. But you need to charge people early in the hand because anyone with a set will tend to give up on the river.

So raisy daisy, but not too big, so you keep sets and A-high flushes in. Also, The A-high flush, if he's any good, will probably fold to a pot-sized raise, because there's nothing else you could have other than a straight flush. You might be able to get away with it here, because the flop bet is tiny. Raise small and maybe it'll look like you want to see if a King-high flush is any good.

Last edited:
jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured there is no low and no way I can lose at this point. I don't want to scare anyone off so I call. Now what do I do for the turn?

Jaynseo: calls $0.50
Rich3161945: folds
GMAN09: calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [9c Tc Jc] [2h]
GMAN09: checks
zwende: checks
bullrun171: checks
jayneseo: ?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like opponent has already given up on this hand, or (pray for it) he is slow playing his low side stf8 flush or A hi flush.

You run the risk of running him out without getting a penny more from him. I suggest the dreaded min bet here. If he calls this, then you may have your fish hooked. He does have a stack that he can afford to play a bit with, and may even try to buy it (how sweet would that be?). If not, then he had already given up and there was no action that would have got anything more from him.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've got to raise the flop. It's Pot Limit, you've got to build the pot up yourself. You could probably write the first bet off as a continuation/bluff, but someone's called so must have some sort of hand, possibly a straight?

No Limit Hold Em it might be worth calling behind and checking the turn hoping they catch, as theres still a chance all the money will end up in the middle, but what are you trying to achieve here by just calling?

As played, $1 bet I suppose, but you're more likely to get a call of a $1 bet in a 3 or 4 dollar pot than in a 2 dollar one.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at this point you have to pot it

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres the exciting conclusion.

jayneseo: bets $0.75
GMAN09: raises $4.60 to $5.35
zwende: folds
bullrun171: folds
jayneseo: raises $0.10 to $5.45 and is all-in
jayneseo said, "fold donk" <--- Here he was seriously thinking
GMAN09: folds
jayneseo said, "LOL"
jayneseo collected $13.30 from pot
jayneseo: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $13.95 | Rake $0.65
Board [9c Tc Jc 2h]
Seat 1: BadBeat69 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: homerh folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Rich3161945 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: GMAN09 (small blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 5: zwende (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 6: knipser11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: bullrun171 folded on the Turn
Seat 8: mal13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: jayneseo collected ($13.30)

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[
So raisy daisy, but not too big, so you keep sets and A-high flushes in. Also, The A-high flush, if he's any good, will probably fold to a pot-sized raise, because there's nothing else you could have other than a straight flush. You might be able to get away with it here, because the flop bet is tiny. Raise small and maybe it'll look like you want to see if a King-high flush is any good.[/quote]

^^^^^
This I disagree with, at these stakes nobody is that good to fold an ace high flush with no pairs on the board.

And LOL at the fold to the 10c reraise.

Full Flush Poker