Online Hand Analysis please

T

thehitpack

Rising Star
Total posts
Chips
This is a 3bet hand. I cbet the flop,check the turn and try and bluff the river and fail.

Hero (SB): 136.36 BB
BB (BB): 115.04 BB
CO (CO): 100 BB
BTN (BTN): 155.86 BB
Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB
Dealt to Hero:
KhQs
CO raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, CO calls 6.5 BB
Flop (19 BB, 2 players):
Ah 9c 2d
Hero bets 6.26 BB, CO calls 6.26 BB
Turn (31.52 BB, 2 players):
2c
Hero checks, CO checks
River (31.52 BB, 2 players):
7c
Hero bets 20.8 BB, CO raises to 84.74 BB and is all-in, fold
CO wins 69.48 BB

E

eetenor

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a 3bet hand. I cbet the flop,check the turn and try and bluff the river and fail.

Hero (SB): 136.36 BB
BB (BB): 115.04 BB
CO (CO): 100 BB
BTN (BTN): 155.86 BB
Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB
Dealt to Hero:
KhQs
CO raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, CO calls 6.5 BB
Flop (19 BB, 2 players):
Ah 9c 2d
Hero bets 6.26 BB, CO calls 6.26 BB
Turn (31.52 BB, 2 players):
2c
Hero checks, CO checks
River (31.52 BB, 2 players):
7c
Hero bets 20.8 BB, CO raises to 84.74 BB and is all-in, fold
CO wins 69.48 BB

Thank you for posting.

An excellent learning exercise is to work on preplanning for our hands off the tables so we can make good decisions in game.

So when we are in the SB we want to know how to play each part of our range on all streets.

So when we raise KQoff preflop vs CO we are already thinking about what flops are not the best for us. WE want to have a plan in place before we see the flop.

So the flop is ugly and we bet. What was your all street plan at that point?
How did this bet size refine your V range?
If we bet small sizing on flop what is the most common turn action when the 2 is a blank card?

Flop- bet to get folds ok.
Turn check why? The why dictates how we play the river.
Why would we check value hands? If we do not check value then we should be betting some bluffs as well.
Our V might call flop with JJ-22 if we do not think they will fold that range on turn why do we think they will fold river?

When we preplan hands we use the board to dictate our river actions. On this board the A is not a club but if we had Axcc we bet turn -our V might check it in position as a slow play but we would never slow play a hand that big on turn after a flop board that dry. Therefore we seldom have the nut flush but our V can have it often.

These are just a few thoughts that we reflect on off the tables.

As played the standard line for river after we check turn is to check fold. Save your chips for the next battle.

Hope this helps
:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to the forum. I assume, this is a cash game hand, since there is no ante. Please post in cash game hand analysis next time. You can read the posting guidelines to see, which topics belong where.

Preflop
No problem with 3-betting against a CO open.

Flop
I guess, some argument can be made, that we are "range betting" on this dry A high board, but if we ever take a hand, where we just give up, this one is a good candidate, since we pretty much missed completely. We dont even have a BDFD or anything to give us equity, if for instance we are behind to top pair.

Turn
2c does not help us in any way, and I am pretty much just giving up now. Check and fold to any aggression.

River
The issue with this bluff is, that its difficult for you to represent a real hand, that you would play this way. If for instance you had a hand like AK or AQ, which you can credibly represent after 3-betting pre, you would not have checked the turn and then bombed the river, when the BDFD completed. Instead you would have bet the turn and checked the scary river with intention to check-call most bets from him. Most people would also fire the turn, if they picked up a flushdraw. If for instance you had KQ of clubs instead of KQ offsuit, this would have been a perfect turn card to barrel.

So you are kind of saying, you took a tricky line with a boat or rivered it with 77, and now you are hoping, that he made a flush at the end or will hero call you with a weak top pair or a hand like TT-JJ. You are repping very thin, so if the opponent can hand read, he is very likely to do exactly that. I dont think, you should ever be betting this river after checking turn. Just check your entire range and then go for a check-raise, if you rivered a boat with 77 or slowplayed 99 or A2s on the turn.

His raise is not representing a lot of hands either, since what I wrote about you above pretty much goes for him as well, although he might be somewhat more likely to check behind on the turn with a BDFD, especially if its a hand like AT or AJ of clubs, which also has showdown value. But would a flush even raise the river on a paired board? Thats also up for debate.

So he is also kind of saying, that he has a slowplayed boat or rivered it with 77, and now he wants to get maximum value. He is also repping pretty thin, but at the same time he could be turning a made hand like J9s or T9s into a bluff, so we dont even beat all his bluffs. So pretty easy fold at the end, but I think, the river bet and maybe even the flop bet could have been saved. When we are at the rock bottom of our range, its always ok to just give up, especially out of position.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
P: easy flat, 3betting OOP is ok-ish, but if we 3bet OOP then make it bigger to 4x.

F: as played, check/fold. We missed, villain isn't folding and A-high flop hits his Ax open/flat range pre. We don't have to auto-cbet in 3bet pots, especially OOP.

In micros players don't fold Ax easily pre, so an Ace isn't a scare-card, it just means villain hit top pair.

T: as played, fine.

R: check/fold, we don't have a hand.

As played (bet), easy fold vs jam.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
Hard to disagree with the comments above. Overall definitely not a bluff spot on the river.

I'd just add that details on the type of villain you are facing, table conditions and stake are really important to getting feedback tailored to your situation that will be of the most benefit to you and others. Whether you're at 2nl or 25nl, and whether at a loose table of fish or against a TAG or unknown is going to help the more experienced folks here who give solid advice give you even better advice you can use to improve your game. You need to learn some quite different lines and skills for different players, conditions and stakes.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands