Online Hand Analysis please

T

thehitpack

Rising Star
Total posts
Chips
Here is another hand where i have a flush draw and spike trips on the turn instead. Villian has 99 and was an obvious fish. I just wonder about the call on the river etc.

And the idea of raising villains river bet to extract more value. Is this line correct on most rivers?

Obviously i guess the answer is yes if you feel you have the best hand but there are a few other hands that have me beat so i was wondering what peoples thoughts are?

BTN: 125.46 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 114.74 BB
UTG: 67.44 BB
MP: 105.94 BB
Hero (CO): 111.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ad 8d
UTG calls 1 BB, fold, Hero calls 1 BB, fold, fold, BB checks

Flop : (3.5 BB, 3 players) 9d 8s 7d
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets 1.74 BB, fold, UTG calls 1.74 BB

Turn : (6.98 BB, 2 players) 3s
UTG checks, Hero bets 3.48 BB, UTG calls 3.48 BB

River : (13.94 BB, 2 players) 8h
UTG bets 5 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, UTG raises to 61.22 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 51.22 BB

UTG shows 9s 9c (Full House, Nines full of Eights)
(Pre 67%, Flop 70%, Turn 82%)

Hero shows Ad 8d (Three of a Kind, Eights)
(Pre 33%, Flop 30%, Turn 18%)

UTG wins 129.58 BB

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Total posts
Chips
When he shoves over on the river it's just gonna be a bad beat because you have the best 3 of a kind and it's just to hard to fold that here

D

dvkay

Rising Star
Total posts
Chips
What was your reasoning behind the river minraise?

When villain 3bets river, there's rarely any bluffs, and were beat by straights and full houses. Though he might have seen your minraise as a sign of weakness, so perhaps there's some bluffs there after all.

Oh and dont post the results, we can judge the hand more objectively if we dont know the outcome.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
P: iso to 4x, don't limp behind. A8s would be a tight fold, especially vs a weak player (67bb), therefore iso.

In general, isolate limpers in front or fold, instead of limping behind.

F: as played, check back to realize our equity and because it's multi-way.

T: as played, check back. Villain isn't folding turn after calling horrible flop, so why bluff?

R: as played, weird donk and sizing by villain. This is classic fishy play with nuts or near-nuts: extreme passivity then changing gears to aggression outside normal flow of hand.

I tank-call to see a cheap showdown. Never raise in this spot. We must exploit our position.

As played (min-raise), our sizing is weird: are we bluffing or raising for value?

When extremely weak-passive player 3bet jams river like this, we have easy fold.

Please don't post results.

L

liviuplayspoker

Enthusiast
Total posts
Chips
I mean you are six-max and UTG limps w 99 and you limp also w A8s, you could 3bet it to 4-5bb and if he would 4bet you to 20bb you would have an easy fold... but overall you played the Hand good, but i would take a larger sizing, you can also pot bet or 90% no Problem!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands