Would you call here?

NL 50 (blinds 0.10/0.25)

Starting chips: $68
Vilain's starting chips : $87
Hero : AdKd
Hero's Position: Button.
Vilain's Position: Big Blind
Every one folds.

Hero raises 4 times the blind ( pretty standard raise $1). Vilain on the big blind 3-Bets. Hero 4-Bet ($15). Vilain Flat call.

Here comes the Flop : 6c2h9d

Pot : $30.

Vilain checks.
Hero raises 60% of pot ($18)
Vilain goes all-in

The pot now is $82

Hero has $34 left behind

1-What would you put vilain on?
2-Would you call here?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
So much betting was done already before the flop so I don't think that the villain has trips or two pair. But he might have TT+.

Since you already put half of your stack on the table and you probably can't force him to fold it is 50/50.

Flip or not depends on how well you know him.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a deep game> 200 bb I agree to 4-bet on a high frequency against the BB. Because his 3B range is dynamic enough and we can look for fold equity here. Only if V is a sticky player am I advocating calling in position, as we are the effective stack and control our SPR.
The flop is texture neutral as it doesn't impact the ranges much.
Here we have position and we can check many times with our range. There are no combinations to be afraid of and we have showdown value.
As played, villain has no reason to block the flop, unless we have a manic image and he thinks we can have all 4 combos suits: 78 in this place.
As I said before the flop is quite dry and if villain had gotten his bingo card and now he has a set he might want us to continue betting with our overpairs, since our range is polarized and we could have many dominated combinations that should fold to a push. Also if the V had a hand like JJ or QQ he would know that he can get value from all our the combos: AK.
But as we unlock a greater number of combos suits: AK, the possibility that we will split the pot increases, when we think that V could take this x / r line with a bluff. For all that I think the call of hero can be justified in this place.
In case of doubt you have to fold in a standard way here.
Greetings.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you call here?

NL 50 (blinds 0.10/0.25)

Starting chips: $68
Vilain's starting chips : $87
Hero : AdKd
Hero's Position: Button.
Vilain's Position: Big Blind
Every one folds.

Hero raises 4 times the blind ( pretty standard raise $1). Vilain on the big blind 3-Bets. Hero 4-Bet ($15). Vilain Flat call.

Here comes the Flop : 6c2h9d

Pot : $30.

Vilain checks.
Hero raises 60% of pot ($18)
Vilain goes all-in

The pot now is $82

Hero has $34 left behind

1-What would you put vilain on?
2-Would you call here?

I guess, it is 6max, an other AK out of question, A6, A9, 66, 99, 1010, JJ even the 1010, JJ less likely or any pair over that, in that case it more likely not flat call, simply preflop allin.

So I would go with A6, A9, more likely 66, 99, so in my opinion you are far behind him, and easy fold. Maybe some crazy one try to bluff, but after the preflop actions, it is less likely....

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What was the sizing of the villains 3 bet as I think your 4 bet might be a little large. This is actually 25 NL if the blinds are .10/.25 so we have 270 ish BBs and the villain has us covered meaning this is an extremely deep hand. Also what are feeling about villain at this point as in how tight or loose are they? If they are never calling a 4 bet with AJ or AQ then I am not sure the 4 bet is the best move. I know we are deep and we have a strong hand but if they are only calling with hands that are beating us like 1010+ and no AJ, A10, AQ or random other 3 bet hands then I think calling their 3 bet and playing the hand in position with a hand that flops well will play better.

As played, I think this is a great spot for a down bet and not a larger bet as you made. Checking I think isnt terrible and I dont mind it but I would rather bet the flop and keep control of the hand and pot control the turn (which will be easier to do here if we bet then if we check). I like a bet of 10-12 here where it screams what our 4 bet pre flop screamed which was I have QQ+ and want to get value from you but dont want you to run away now either so Ill go small and try to entice you to hang around. The $18 bet makes you have 33 or your starting 68 already in and leaves you valuing yourself and getting yourself stuck in the hand. With villain going all in it again depends on what we think of villain but if we are not seeing maniac in them then we have painted the picture (although a little blurry of a picture with the bigger bet sizing) that we have a big pair here and they are still jamming over us. Unless you have a specific read that they are capable of calling a 4 bet with AJ and then jamming over a bet that puts villain from their shoes half all in already then I think this is a fold and you walk away from the train wreck.

Would I call... No

What do I think they have... very likely something that beats us and more than likely a big pocket pair that was just hoping no ace flopped and then their plan was to go with it. A five bet here by villain would probably really narrow their range so when they saw your 4 bet was close to a quarter of your stack they decided they could call pre and get all the chips in fairly easily post flop.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can bet very small on the flop like 25% pot, that would make the fold a-lot easier here. I think his shoving range could be something like 99-QQ and AK.
its a pretty close call and we have backdoor diamonds. I think its close and would probably call since we have like 28% equity against 99-QQ.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
As others have said, this is actually a 25NL hand, and you are more than 200BB deep. You say, that a 4BB open raise is "standard". But at 25NL or higher most regs use around 2,5BB these days. So unless this particular game is very different for whatever reason, your sizing probably stands out to everyone as very large, and if you only do this with premium hands like AK, you are very easy for your opponents to read.

You did not mention his 3-bet size, but in position the 4-bet seem very large as well. You are kind of painting yourself into a corner, where you either lose a lot of money folding to a 5-bet or have to stack off AK, which this deep is probably not going to be profitable. I think, we should use a mix of smaller 4-betting and even sometimes just calling the 3-bet, because we are so deep.

Flop
If you are going to bet at all, it definitely need to be very small like 25% pot or less. He is never folding a pocket pair on a low board like this, and he is also not calling such a large bet with anything, you beat. So its a bet, which literally force him to play well. You also once again paint yourself a corner, where you have no good options left, if he check-jam. If you fold, you just gave him half your stack without even seeing the last two cards, and if you call, you are not getting quite good enough odds, even if you are against a hand like TT-QQ.