Laying down aces is hard to do.. (utg AA pf vs 2 callers)

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you're thinking. Who would post a hand here withh AA preflop if he/she didn't lose, right? Well, maybe, maybe not. But let's not be results oriented here. (Also Divide values by 7 to get real $$)

** Game ID 20739664 starting - 2007-04-07 12:41:37
** On Request [Hold 'em] (2.00|4.00 No Limit - Cash Game) real money
- Fusion sitting in seat 1 with $128.25
- Karin sitting in seat 2 with $621.05
- Nitros sitting in seat 3 with $58.00 [CO]
- BullsEye777 sitting in seat 4 with $110.75 [Dealer]
- callipygian sitting in seat 5 with $311.00
- stewart sitting in seat 6 with $467.62 [BB]
- loopy sitting in seat 7 with $360.50 [UTG]
- fourfingers sitting in seat 8 with $439.25
callipygian posted the small blind - $2.00
stewart posted the big blind - $4.00
Nitros posted to play - $4.00
** Dealing card to loopy: Ace of Diamonds, Ace of Clubs
loopy raised - $12.00
fourfingers folded
Fusion folded
Karin folded
Nitros called - $12.00
BullsEye777 called - $12.00
callipygian folded
stewart raised - $52.00
loopy raised - $112.00
Nitros went all-in - $50.00
BullsEye777 folded
stewart called - $112.00

I think preflop was fine. Was considering pushing, but that's prob a little excessive here. Comments?

** Dealing the flop: Queen of Diamonds, 6 of Clubs, Jack of Hearts
stewart checked
loopy?

An absolutely shite flop. Do I c-bet here? or just check? Whatever happens, do I fold to a push? Starting to feel an attack of cantLetgoitis coming on...

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see much danger in the flop. I'd put stewert on KK. Nitros, however may have a set of Q's, but he's already all-in. You need to bet to find out if Stewert indeed has KK. I'd definitely put one of these two on a set though.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing there would provide me with the cure for 'cantletgoitis'

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see much danger in the flop. I'd put stewert on KK. Nitros, however may have a set of Q's, but he's already all-in. You need to bet to find out if Stewert indeed has KK. I'd definitely put one of these two on a set though.

There is absolutely no way we can put a villains on an exact hand here. You must think in terms of ranges. I'm not saying that it can't happen but the odds of AA KK QQ all being dealt are astronomical.

With no reads on opponents I am going to say that villains range should be TT+ to JT. Obviously one or both could be on a straight draw. The rainbow flop is a little encouraging reducing draws.

We are probably still ahead. I think that I go ahead shove here as villain will probably call anything. If I thought that I could put out a small trapping bet I might do that as well.

T

Takeem26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion i would have probably pushed. you got 2 callers and one has pussed it up to $52. personally I hate aces and i never really want more than 1 caller. The raise of $52 would have either made me re-raise to at least 200+ or gone all in. If stewart has got QQ im gonna want him to be risking of much of his stack as i can if hes gonna play it. Failing that and he calls im putting him on KK and a K on the board is gonna have me very worried. With the flop you got nitrous is all in so no need to worry anymore about him. Stewart checks, possibly for the trap? Maybe, but if you check hes possibly gonna bet the turn and you deffinately dont want to see a K anywhere. You could put a feeler bet of 50 out there, but then your pretty much pot comited. You could try checking it down but id proably get my chips in. Also depends if what sort of player you think he is. If he's pretty tight its almost certainly gotta be KK

D

drtofu66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would c-bet here and force Stewart to make a move. There is too much uncertainty here and the 1 good thing is you don't have to worry about Nitros since he's all-in. Checking here doesn't sound good to me cuz Stewart might try a move on the turn and then you don't know where you stand and you're forced to go all the way. Just put your chips and now. Dam what a shitty flop!!!!!!!!!!! Where are those rags when you need them?

T

Takeem26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree joeeagles, But i really doubt stewart has QQ; thats why id make it at least 200, cos then you got a propper read on him. If you been watching him for a while and you think hes quite tight then he has to have KK. Else, hes been muckin around abit, in lots of pots, etc. bit of a joker? Basically for him to have QQ (which is essentially what your prangin' about) hes really got to think they are good. Esspecially after you have rasied and reraised, how can he be confident about that after calling. the 15- just lets him in a little too much for me, but then thats just me...

i know you shouldnt let to much of this come into account, but when i come to a table and i see some geezer with a big stack i am always weery to start with with him. Sure he could be a shit player who has got lucky recently, or it could be a reasonable player who really, you do not want to get involoved with unless you got a good hand. Obviously this image will change and you can take advantage of that, but untill you have even the smallest of information about somone, treat them as your best mate!

T

Takeem26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just re read that

w4nkers
icon6.gif

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree takeem, it has to be KK unless he's one of those that just can't lay down a hand. To think he has QQ after raise and reraise and reraise before flop means he has to be on tilt or just not smart player. That's why I say shove and if he does have a set of Q so be it, if not since he has called this far he will call the all-in with KK.

I just don't think it's a good idea to check there cuz he might try something on the turn and get you confused. Without a good read on this guy you have to think it's KK.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW Loop, are you going to tell us what Stewart had? Lol i really want to know now.

K

Kennyseven

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reads reads...what kind of reads do you have pre-flop?

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reads: I'm reasonably TAG. In this session I was about 17%/9%/3.0 (VIP/PFR/PFAF).

Stewart is Semi-Loose aggressive (24%/12%/2.0)

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As it played, I decided to c-bet, but I now think that if I was going to bet, I should have pushed; because I'm now pot committed and I'm just killing fold equity by not getting all my chips in in one go.

loopy bet - $150.00

stewart raised - $300.00

Pot committed. Must call this. This is when I realised I should have shoved when leading. I'm pretty convinced I'm behind a set here though. I need an ace or runner-runner straight to save the pot.

loopy went all-in - $98.50
Nitros shows: 10 of Spades, 10 of Clubs
stewart shows: Jack of Clubs, Jack of Spades

He he. No-one called this hand

** Dealing the turn: 9 of Clubs

** Dealing the river: King of Spades
Nitros wins $193.34 from the main pot with a straight K high
stewart wins $584.66 from side pot 1 with JJJ

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That horrible feeling....Almost identical hands happened to me twice in 30 mins one day last week. ( although on the second hand I went all in before the flop )

Thing is you will probably win as many of these as you lose......If you play AA agressively all the time I think you win in the long term.

Its the marginal starting hands that will ultimatley determine you overall profitability....

T

Takeem26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what a tit he called with JJ? definately one for the notebook! Thats again why id have rasied at least 200+ or gone allin. if he wants to be riskin that sortta money on a pair of jacks i welcome him at my table anytime!

ps what site is this?

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing, you're right noone thought JJ, mostly because it doesn't make sense to call that much preflop. It's ok when he reraised you preflop but when you reraised him again only a donk wouldn't think he's ahead.

Anyway loop if its any consolation I'd certainly would have not layed that down either as to me it had to be KK that Stewart had unless I knew him. To think lol I didn't like that flop cuz there was a chance he had QQ but no way I'm thinking JJ. One more thing: don't worry about being sorry that you didn't shove preflop cuz I have a feeling this nitwit would have called anyway and the result would have been the same.

Don't forget to look him up and play him often cuz you're likely to get your money back since he can't lay down a hand like that.

bpc009

bpc009

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with you preflop. I think you should have pushed allin.

But on to the flop - I don't think there's also nothing you can do. I don't know how you can lay down AA here regardless. Sure, he may have QQ (and he did have JJ), but KK, the other AA and AKs are well within his range. AQs is not altogether impossible either. Given that, you gotta put the chips in.