• Total voters
H

Headsup2186

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your opinion
Playing .50/1.00 I was delt KK small blind I raise 2 another player raises 7 another raise 12 I call next guy raises 50 all next guy goes all in 79 I fold figuring I’m up again AA and prob JJ or QQ flop come 9K9 turn J river 7. I made what I thought was correct call to fold knowing someone had aces. What do u guys think right decision or wrong? Just curious yes it was only 64 more to call the all in but why waist the $$ when most of time 8/10 AA will hold up video attached.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am never folding KK preflop in a cash game.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hard to understand your line sine you wrote a bunch of gobledigook. I went ahead and voted "your crazy" [sic].

But honestly, I can't imagine a situation where I could fold KK pre 100bb deep. Some players do weird stuff with aces.. min 4-bet to entice a shove etc...

just shove bra

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I would be very careful folding kings preflop. It worked out this time but I would say with KK and AA be committed and don't dwell on a specific outcome and just know long term you will stack cash.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Familiar situation. Sometimes when I get a 4-bet from a tight nit regular, I'm pretty sure he has AA. But I never fold preflop. In the worst case, we have 20%)). I think that in stacks over 200 big blinds against a famous nit you can sometimes find a fold preflop. Very rarely. The other 99% of the time, we boldly go allin with our cowboys.

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to understand your line sine you wrote a bunch of gobledigook. I went ahead and voted "your crazy" [sic].

But honestly, I can't imagine a situation where I could fold KK pre 100bb deep. Some players do weird stuff with aces.. min 4-bet to entice a shove etc...

just shove bra

Hello,

I would be very careful folding kings preflop. It worked out this time but I would say with KK and AA be committed and don't dwell on a specific outcome and just know long term you will stack cash.

Familiar situation. Sometimes when I get a 4-bet from a tight nit regular, I'm pretty sure he has AA. But I never fold preflop. In the worst case, we have 20%)). I think that in stacks over 200 big blinds against a famous nit you can sometimes find a fold preflop. Very rarely. The other 99% of the time, we boldly go allin with our cowboys.

But if the player has an Ace all they need is another ace to win, 2 more cards for 3 of a kind or 2 pairs plus a high card. :confused:

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But if the player has an Ace all they need is another ace to win, 2 more cards for 3 of a kind or 2 pairs plus a high card. :confused:
Are you serious? KK vs Ax we have about 70% equity. They only make two pair+ or hit the Ace without us hitting a set about 30% of the time. If we are winning 70% of the time we should want to pile as much money as possible into the pot. There aren't much better situations than that in poker. AA vs KK is only about 80% pre flop, I'm sure you're not folding that pre flop in a cash game or you should quit poker. So considering a 70% spot as somehow not awesome is raising alarm bells for me. You WANT him to have an Ace here and get his stack in. Over time you will be printing money. Sometimes he will suck out. But 7 out of 10 times you stack him.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you guess that one of the players has aces, then your pocket pair fold is correct. And it does not matter what will be on the board. You have read the opponent and this is the main thing.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even if im 100% sure opponent have AA i'll take my chances with my KK