KK on button

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash game. Limits R2/R4 10-seated.
(R2/R4 is equivalent of $0.30/$0.60 approx)

Hero and villian each have about 400 bucks.
Hero is on button with KcKs

1 limper & folds to Villian in LP - raises to 24 (6x BB). He is very TAG and always puts in big raises like this with a hand.

Hero reraises to 50
Everyone folds. Villian Calls.

Pot = 110

Flop 4s 8s Ts

Villian bets 110. Pot = 220

Ok. Now I put villian on TT(60%) and QQ/JJ(40%). If he had AA he would have pushed pf, and folded with AQ AJ etc, and I have the Ks. This is where I probably should have pushed/folded in hindsight, but instead I raised. If I had more than just 20s to make this decision, I would have pushed here.

Hero raises to 160. Pot = 380
Villian reraises to 200. Pot = 470.

A weakish reraise, which tells me he almost certainly has the tens (given my read on villian). I have 11 outs and my pot odds are already 3:1 so there's no going back now -- which is why I should have pushed one bet earlier, plus there's still a chance villian puts me on AsKs

Hero goes all in - 150
Villain Calls.
Turns over TcTd

Turn & River are blanks. Villian takes down the pot.

dbitel

dbitel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reraise WAY more preflop. With your raise, you're giving him really good implied odds. You should really be potting it here, which would mean making it R82 (if I've done the maths correctly).

On the flop, I would just go ahead and push, hoping he would call with QQ/JJ (esp if he has a spade).

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't raise to 160, nor that villain can raise to 200

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice.

wrt the raise amounts, I can't remember what the exact amounts were, maybe he bet less first up; but I definitely remember putting ~150 in at the end.

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reraise WAY more preflop. With your raise, you're giving him really good implied odds. You should really be potting it here, which would mean making it R82 (if I've done the maths correctly).

On the flop, I would just go ahead and push, hoping he would call with QQ/JJ (esp if he has a spade).

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't raise to 160, nor that villain can raise to 200

exactly right - raise more PF, push on the flop, so that he has to make the decision, not you. your pot odds are good enough to push with your outs, so go for it.

As for the raises - I think the terminology is wrong here - it should be raise to 270, and re-raise to 470. Or say "raise 160 more" and "reraise 200 more" to be clear.