Interesting Hand...Looking for Advice

P

PokerBrat782

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I was playing 1-3 no limit with a tight-middle of the road opponent.

I was on the big blind with Kh 8s. Action is limped around I check.

Flop comes Jh Qh 4d. Action is checked all the way around on the flop.

Turn card is a 10h. I lead out on my draw with a bet of $15 (about 2/3 the pot). action folds around to the button where he makes a raise 3 times my bet. ($45) I have about $200 left, he has me covered, I move all in my draw because i put him a small flush. I was thinking if he had the nut flush he would have either raised pre or bet the flop to get value. Guy calls right away, turns over A 4 of hearts. My draw is dead.

I think I made a donk move there, what do you guys think? Be honest I wont get offended.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't try to make tight-passive unimaginative live nits with ridiculously depolarized ranges fold the top end of their range.

For one thing, don't assume people will bet the hands you would bet. Also, in limped pots, it's less likely someone will bluff or even semi-bluff because the pot is small. That's why you should fight for them, because no one else does. But when you get played back at, trying to represent the nuts to get them to fold the 5th-nuts or something doesn't really make any sense. After all, if you had a big flush draw, wouldn't YOU have bet the flop?

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes you made a terrible move I wouldn't have bet the turn in the 1st place just checkfold there maybe call a smallish bet to see what the river gives

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting the turn is 100% standard.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I too would have bet the turn. I would have folded after getting raised. That was the information I was looking for.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet/fold turn, the bluff is ridiculous.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all your draw isn't dead, you still have an out to the striaght flush.

Second b/f is probably best. Even if you hit a flush somebody can easily have nut flush, certianly if they are wanting to stay in the hand. Also he probably isn't fold a small flush to your shove anyway.

P

PokerBrat782

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you everybody for being honest and not sugarcoating it...I had a feeling I just made a really bad play there...Thanks again!

PokerBrat

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking if he had the nut flush he would have either raised pre or bet the flop to get value.

I think you might be over-rating or over-thinking or giving your opponent too much credit for 1-3. Limping and checking til you hit would not be out of the ordinary in that lot.

You put him on a flush, so you have to figure you only have 7 outs on the river. And you can also figure he is not going to fold his flush. I wouldn't fault you for calling his raise, but to shove on that was out of control and probably impulsive.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands