I let a runner-runner take down my KK? :(

Pztrick44

Pztrick44

Enthusiast
Total posts
Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG+1 ($8.25)
MP1 ($4.65)
MP2 ($0.55)
MP3 ($4.85)
CO ($4.90)
Button ($11.05)
SB ($11.65)
Hero ($4.55)
UTG ($5.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ks, Kh.
UTG calls $0.10, 5 folds, Button raises to $0.2, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, UTG calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) Td, 6h, 3c (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, UTG folds.

Turn: ($1.35) Th (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.1, Button calls $0.55.

River: ($3.55) 2h (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $2.9, Hero calls $2.90 (All-In).

Final Pot: $9.35

Results below:
Hero has Ks Kh (two pair, kings and tens).
Button has 4h Ah (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins $9.35.

I was checking and calling to begin, to try and keep people in the pot. Slowplay--meh, I could have dished out a raise preflop or flop to take the pot down. When he called my reraise at the turn, I should have put him on a Ten set or a flush draw, but I really thought he was just betting to take down the pot uncontested.. Myself, I think I should have reraised his .35 bet at the flop. Thoughts?

dbitel

dbitel

Total posts
wow...thats probably the WORST hand i've ever seen posted on here.

Sorry to be blunt but you misplayed EVERY street:

1) it only got minraised preflop...reraises FFS!!!

2) C/R the flop now our hand has some deception.

3) Why did you just check minraise the turn, your raise is way too small

4) If you were going to call a river push, just push yourself

Pztrick44

Pztrick44

Enthusiast
Total posts
wow...thats probably the WORST hand i've ever seen posted on here.

Sorry to be blunt but you misplayed EVERY street:

1) it only got minraised preflop...reraises FFS!!!

2) C/R the flop now our hand has some deception.

3) Why did you just check minraise the turn, your raise is way too small

4) If you were going to call a river push, just push yourself

okay, i appreciate the advice.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
There are not a lot of circumstances where you should slowplay your KK - if any. If you are worried about running everyone out of the hand - it is better to win a little than lose a lot.

You were too short of cash going into that hand anyway - if that was $10 NL you should have bought in for max and/or topped back up when you got that low.

Pztrick44

Pztrick44

Enthusiast
Total posts
You were too short of cash going into that hand anyway - if that was $10 NL you should have bought in for max and/or topped back up when you got that low.

Yeah, I usually do. I was 3tabling then, and let that table get low I guess. I suppose that's fortunate as I lost my buyin there, eh?:cool:

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Total posts
1) Raise more preflop (4xBB)
2) Lead out flop (we need to build a pot)
3) C/R turn if we know button will bet, but I prefer betting 80% of the time here with a second heart showing.
4) Re-evaluate river when third heart comes out. I probably push or check/call anything that isn't a push. Played my way, the cances of runner-runner flushes staying in the hand are a lot smaller.

As it was played, you could be 50-60% sure you were beaten by a made flush since you never drove the hand out or made him pay a lot to chase. Check/fold and berate yourself for wasting a good KK on Aceless board.

KK needs to be played fast when it doesn't hit a set and straight/flush draws are appearing.

Pztrick44

Pztrick44

Enthusiast
Total posts
Yeah, I got it now.. :D Won't get screwed no my next KK for sure..

I think I'll post any hand where I get stacked from now on--that should be a good way to improve my play!

E

evny

Total posts
you should be raising/betting to get value instead of letting multiple ppl in to get value... you don't want to see a flop 3 handed w KK if you can help it... reverse implieds are very high w big pairs...

everyone already said pretty much everything so...

TheJace

TheJace

Total posts
I would raise with a pot sized bet preflop. Check raise for 3x the bet on the flop. Lead out with a 2/3rds pot sized bet on the turn. All-in or fold on the river. Then if you lost, well you had the best of it but thats poker and he drew a runner runner but you made him take the worse of it all the way through.