i hate royals

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #8312156978: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2007/02/06 - 17:30:01 (ET)
Table 'Hercynia IV' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Civiliokas ($34.95 in chips)
Seat 2: dewey23 ($9.20 in chips)
Seat 4: evanapkins ($24.20 in chips)
Seat 5: jameric2 ($4.30 in chips)
Seat 6: mahoney01 ($28.45 in chips)
Seat 7: Fr33za ($30.70 in chips)
Seat 8: joosebucklol ($26.15 in chips)
Seat 9: unioner ($32 in chips)
mahoney01: posts small blind $0.10
Fr33za: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joosebucklol [Jd Ad]
joosebucklol: calls $0.25
unioner: folds
Civiliokas: folds
dewey23: folds
evanapkins: calls $0.25
jameric2: folds
mahoney01: folds
Fr33za: checks
*** FLOP *** [4h Kd Td]
joosebucklol: checks
evanapkins: checks
*** TURN *** [4h Kd Td] [Qd]
Fr33za: bets $0.75
joosebucklol: calls $0.75
evanapkins: folds
*** RIVER *** [4h Kd Td Qd] [Ks]
joosebucklol: bets $5.25
Fr33za: folds
joosebucklol collected $2.25 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.35 | Rake $0.10
Board [4h Kd Td Qd Ks]
Seat 1: Civiliokas folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: dewey23 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: evanapkins folded on the Turn
Seat 5: jameric2 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: mahoney01 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: Fr33za (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 8: joosebucklol collected ($2.25)
Seat 9: unioner folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nh annoying bout the size of pot lol

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the stats on both of these cats made it a lock that they would bet out somewhere.. both had calldown rates of over 35% too........ sigh

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like you played this one awful soft. I don't like the limp pre-flop, I would raise, if everyone folds that's ok you only had a drawing hand anyway. I would also bet the flop with the flush and straight draw. if you bet the flop it will be harder for villan to put you on the flush when it does hit. If it does then you can check and act like you are afraid of the flush and give villan the chance to represent the flush. i just think you should have been more aggressive here. Also if you show aggression on earlier hands it will help you get calls with big hands later. And if you show aggression with a made straight flush and show it, they will have to respect your raises in the future.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i limp utg because AKo AQs AQo AJ (A/x on weaker players) AK and pairs wont let me know where i am.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is, if i raise and they are after me. good players wont value aq, etc as much and will just call. if i limp and let them raise i can more safely put them on a hand.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that, I just pefer a more aggresive tact. If I raise pre-flop I can represent a number of hands on the flop and If I enter the pot for a raise with less than top 5 holding, opponenets will have a harder time putting you on a hand. Sure you may not get as much of a read on them as you would limping but maybe not. Think about it If you raise utg and get reraised what does that tell you about villans hand, prob AA, KK, AK maybe QQ, not to many other hands 3 bet except from a very loose player. If he just calls, He prob has a holding less than AA, KK AK, so that also gives you info. In the case where you limp and he raise, although he is telling you he has a strong hand, his range is wider to 2 bet, especially with position, he would now prob raise with 99, 1010, etc, pluse AQ, KQ, maybe even AJ suited and possibly some lesser holdings. So I think you get more info from betting out, with the added advantage of being able to represent big hands after the flop even if you don't hit.

In limit, I might limp late with 3,4 or 5 other limpers in but being first to act it's usually either bet or fold unless you are changing up or you are on a loose table and you want to 3 bet.

It's only my opinion, but I think overall you gain more here by betting than just calling.