I am a losing player ...

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to play longer sessions, play more, and consider multi-tabling.

Longer sessions: 1000 hands in 24 sessions is only 40 hands per session. That's about when you start to get relevant reads on the players at your table. At these stakes, you may be the only player using pokertracker at the table, but this only becomes an edge once you have enough hands to make relevant statistics.

More: 3000 hands is what some regulars here do in a day. If you need 2 months to complete this, that's a really long time. The problem is that like most things that you learn, your brain needs repeated training to become efficient at the task you learn. And 3000 hands/2 months is not enough for that.

Multi-table: you are still playing too loose. And the above issues probably explain why. If you only sit down to play 40 hands, it's no fun to fold 34 of those as you should. Multi-tabling is what makes regular players tight enough preflop. They don't mind folding marginal hands because they are not bored because they are playing good hands on other tables.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems I loose a "lot" on the button by doing cold call pre flop...

Please post your position stats. I think it'd be helpful to see how often you're in pots from various positions. (Sample here)

The button is the money position. You should be winning substantially more there than from any other position. If you're not, something is terribly wrong.

Don't worry about folding the blinds. They are the price you pay for playing a round. So unless someone is specifically stealing them, just let them go.

Ditto with folding on the button. In these micro limit games you just want to avoid difficult situations, so it's worth losing a few small blinds and giving up your position to avoid losing $ pre and (especially) post-flop. That is, you want to have the best kicker when you flop top pair. So when K/T or K/J goes up against K/Q or K/A, you want to be the guy with the latter hands. You do that by avoiding playing hands like K/J unless there are so few people left to act after you that it's pretty unlikely they'll have a better hand.

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my position stats are there, 2nd table, in the middle :)

I m not winning money from the button.... I do not know why :/ maybe because I call to much, or with not enough good hand ?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at the last graph I'd have to say you're going to SD too often with marginal hands. You need to learn to let a lot of your weak TP and 2nd pair hands go before SD when you're facing resistance. You don't post your AF but I'd guess it's fairly high and that your opponents are letting you bet their hands for them. You should win more $$ at SD than you do without SD.

What are your W$SD and WTSD percentages?

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stats_may08.png

yes i do most of the betting.. is it bad ?

I am not good at just checking... If i do, i have the impression I give free card, and I miss an occasion of getting the pot right there...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The real problem is that your opponents know your firing on every street and let you do their betting for them when they hit big hands. So when they miss they're folding (that's why your winning $$ without SD) and when they hit you're paying them off big (this is why you're losing overall).

Also your AF isn't that high (could actually be higher) but you're going all the way through to SD too often for how loose you are playing. If your VP$IP was under 20 a WTSD of 26.25 would be OK, but since your playing so many marginal hands you are going to SD too often. Your W$SD should be over 50%.

Best advice would be to tighten up your starting requirements until you learn to get a feel for when you are beat postflop.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its good to see someone who started out losing, working to get better instead of complaining its rigged. I see in the second lot of hands you're atleast breaking even and you really haven't played that many hands yet. These are stakes I play too and there's always someone to pay you off so I just try to win a few small pots here and there and not get involved in a big pot until I have big hand. As far as playing short sessions, I think that its ok to hit and run at this level because the play is so crazy that if you catch a hand they're likely to think you're just another nutter and pay off you're big hands. After playing awhile they'll be very weary of your first preflop allin.